Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 4:35:13 AM EDT
Someone please splain to me how one is to feel at ease without any acknowledgement from the state popo in regards to magazine registration.

Seriously, the new year is approaching and these bandits are not giving waivers/ acknowledgement forms attesting that we complied with the laws.

This seems very very sketchy. Who's to say they are mot going to pick and choose who to prosecute if you are ever approached.

Are we suppose to hope like Obama supporters ? hope that some menial plebe state worker 1) received and 2) entered our information ?

Fucking disaster
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:41:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The way I understand it if they received your lcm form you will get a letter acknowledging that fact?
If you don't get the letter,you can call and confirm they have your form.
Not sure what is sketchy about that other than having to register them in the first place.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:42:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately it comes down to two choices; comply with the law and send in the magazine declaration form and hope there isn't confiscation at a later time, or do not comply with the law and hope you never get caught with large capacity magazines either now or if they call for confiscation at a later time. Really is as simple as that one we get past our feelings on the law and all the other bullshit that will get posted.

For each of us it is a personal individual choice, a selfish one at that. Each gun owner who knows about these laws has to decide how these laws would impact them and possibly their families and decide weather they will comply with the law or not.

As posted to another thread both here yesterday and over on CTGT the state IS sending people letters acknowledging that they've submitted magazine declarations.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Someone please splain to me how one is to feel at ease without any acknowledgement from the state popo in regards to magazine registration.

Seriously, the new year is approaching and these bandits are not giving waivers/ acknowledgement forms attesting that we complied with the laws.

This seems very very sketchy. Who's to say they are mot going to pick and choose who to prosecute if you are ever approached.

Are we suppose to hope like Obama supporters ? hope that some menial plebe state worker 1) received and 2) entered our information ?

Fucking disaster
View Quote

I can't tell you whether to comply or not comply- that's a decision your own conscience will have to make- but the Legislature has consistantly repeated the same pattern of behavior over and over;

1) The media starts harping over something or another which gets the public all ape shit over it

2) The legislature passes some completely retarded legislation which does absolutely nothing to resolve the problem, simply for the sake of "doing something".

3) The public starts losing interest over whatever it is the media got everyone all ape shit over becuase of oversaturation

4) The media starts harping over something else and the public spontaneously develops amnesia over the previous looming crisis and now starts going ape shit over the new looming crisis

5) The legislature drops all interest in the old crisis and starts doing somethign which essentially does nothing over the new crisis.

I am seeing signs that we are now somewhere between stages three and four right now, as people have to be reminded of the Sandy Hook anniversary and even Biden is putting his gun hating rhetoric away and is now waving bloody flags to promote mental health reform.  I predict this time next year, the spotlight will be on some other fashionable crisis du jour and they'll leave us alone.  I say this because I've seen it before; back in 1994 everyone was railing against these mean and evil assault weapons all during the first ban, and subsequently forgot all about it when that O.J. Simpson circus exploded on the scene..  The Hartford Courant even ran a front page story on what kind of socks Johnnie Cochran was wearing.  I'm not even making that up.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#4]
All my mags were lost in a tragic boating accident.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The way I understand it if they received your lcm form you will get a letter acknowledging that fact?
If you don't get the letter,you can call and confirm they have your form.
Not sure what is sketchy about that other than having to register them in the first place.
View Quote

What's sketchy about this: the person answering the phone gets tired of digging through ceiling high stacks of paper and just starts telling everyone their forms were received when in some cases they may not have been. Prove they told you they were received.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Just called DPS on this because I received my AW forms this fall but nothing on the LCM front.  He said that the original plan was to NOT sent any acknowledgement of the LCM form, but that since people have been calling and asking, the decision was made to send stamped copies of all LCM forms back to owners.  He said I should get it sometime in January.  I spoke to Doug.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All my mags were lost in a tragic boating accident.
View Quote

We need to ban boats. Certainly large capacity boats.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Send it registered mail if someone is so worried about it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I can't tell you whether to comply or not comply- that's a decision your own conscience will have to make- but the Legislature has consistantly repeated the same pattern of behavior over and over;

1) The media starts harping over something or another which gets the public all ape shit over it

2) The legislature passes some completely retarded legislation which does absolutely nothing to resolve the problem, simply for the sake of "doing something".

3) The public starts losing interest over whatever it is the media got everyone all ape shit over becuase of oversaturation

4) The media starts harping over something else and the public spontaneously develops amnesia over the previous looming crisis and now starts going ape shit over the new looming crisis

5) The legislature drops all interest in the old crisis and starts doing somethign which essentially does nothing over the new crisis.

I am seeing signs that we are now somewhere between stages three and four right now, as people have to be reminded of the Sandy Hook anniversary and even Biden is putting his gun hating rhetoric away and is now waving bloody flags to promote mental health reform.  I predict this time next year, the spotlight will be on some other fashionable crisis du jour and they'll leave us alone.  I say this because I've seen it before; back in 1994 everyone was railing against these mean and evil assault weapons all during the first ban, and subsequently forgot all about it when that O.J. Simpson circus exploded on the scene..  The Hartford Courant even ran a front page story on what kind of socks Johnnie Cochran was wearing.  I'm not even making that up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking disaster

I had the local news channel on tonight, heard some liberal psychologists claiming that "guns in the same home as kids" is a major issue of public safety that needs to be dealt with as a crisis, as if these people were experts on guns just because they're shrinks. The anti's are definitely gearing up again for the SH anniversary.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:I had the local news channel on tonight, heard some liberal psychologists claiming that "guns in the same home as kids" is a major issue of public safety that needs to be dealt with as a crisis, as if these people were experts on guns just because they're shrinks. The anti's are definitely gearing up again for the SH anniversary.  
View Quote

I just helped a thread locked in GD by posting how sick of their damn shit I am. Apparently it makes me a truther.... yeah, far from it.

Screw the Newtown Brigade. There. I said it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I just helped a thread locked in GD by posting how sick of their damn shit I am. Apparently it makes me a truther.... yeah, far from it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I had the local news channel on tonight, heard some liberal psychologists claiming that "guns in the same home as kids" is a major issue of public safety that needs to be dealt with as a crisis, as if these people were experts on guns just because they're shrinks. The anti's are definitely gearing up again for the SH anniversary.  

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top