Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2013 12:23:17 PM EDT

Is a Knight's SR-25 Match Rifle made prior to 9/13/94 (solid stock, no flash hider, no bayo lug) legal to transfer from out of state FFL to CT FFL?

Tried to go over the stuff already written here. My head is still spinning.

Went on the CT GOV website. Might as well be in Latin. Looks like they are trying to make/hoping people accidentally break the law/become felons.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

Not all FFL's are cool with this yet.  But many are cool with it.

Delta Arsenal, who I think is in middletown or meriden now should do it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Delta is in Wallingford
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.

Not all FFL's are cool with this yet.  But many are cool with it.

Delta Arsenal, who I think is in middletown or meriden Wallingford now should do it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not specifically named in the ban so under the preban thing, it's g2g.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why would that matter?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:47:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why would that matter?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would that matter?

yup, someone is getting a maadi next week, with a letter saying it was made in 93
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:54:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

yup, someone is getting a maadi next week, with a letter saying it was made in 93
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would that matter?

Someone is trying to get a MAK-90.  

Who is the letter on the Maadi coming from?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I was under the impression that named firearms cannot be transferred. Why aren't dudes grabbing up AKs then?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was under the impression that named firearms cannot be transferred. Why aren't dudes grabbing up AKs then?
View Quote

You don't think that's going on right now?

There's probably more AK-47 type rifles that are going to be lawfully transferred in Connecticut this month than during the preceding dozen years combined.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

No longer the case.

Any pre-ban firearm is now transferable.

OP, JoJo's Gun Works in Southington and BMG Guns in Newington will transfer pre-bans.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would that matter?

From the previous owner, took a pic of it for me. Shows being built in 93 with month and day as well.

Found a mak 90 in NY, but it has the slant receiver, so I passed on it and found the maadi. 950 to my ffl:-)

Seen a few other maadis, unsure of build date though

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oooo joeseph, get with the times brother.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No longer the case.

OP, JoJo's Gun Works in Southington and BMG Guns in Newington will transfer pre-bans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No longer the case.

Add delta arsenal to the list, and wait for it..........HOFFMANs......

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

From the previous owner, took a pic of it for me. Shows being built in 93 with month and day as well.

Found a mak 90 in NY, but it has the slant receiver, so I passed on it and found the maadi. 950 to my ffl:-)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would that matter?

I was originally going to buy a really jacked Mak90, just barely not an SBR,  and do the repairs, but it got expensive for what it was (sold for just shy of $400- not worth it)

would have easily been at least $550 by the time I got it here, bought the parts that it needs, and made it right again. It was a square back, however. I ended up buying a near mint one for about $600. I'll find out if it is slant back or square when I get it. If I end up putting Ironwood wood on it in the future, I can accomodate either of those, I do know that its not one of the cut and welded ones made on the underfolder style flats- which would be just about impossible to convert. Mine will be staying stock for a while.... I do get a nifty NCSTAR (can I call it OEM?? It's from Chicomland. J/K) scope mount and Simmons 3-9 with it though.

I would love to get a Steyr Maadi- those are special. Unfortunately, they are valuable places other than here.

There was a stripped out Intratac Maadi receiver on GB, but it appears that it is date coded 95 (the downside is that some of the Maadi post-89 dating systems are not very obvious), if I am reading it right- so no bueno. I remember when the last (Century) Maadis (like late 90s, so no bueno) were like $179 here before the type ban....I can't believe that they are so expensive now.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was originally going to buy a really jacked Mak90, just barely not an SBR,  and do the repairs, but it got expensive for what it was (sold for just shy of $400- not worth it)

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/380409000/380409807/pix847834129.jpg

would have easily been at least $550 by the time I got it here, bought the parts that it needs, and made it right again. It was a square back, however. I ended up buying a near mint one for about $600. I'll find out if it is slant back or square when I get it. If I end up putting Ironwood wood on it in the future, I can accomodate either of those, I do know that its not one of the cut and welded ones made on the underfolder style flats- which would be just about impossible to convert. Mine will be staying stock for a while.... I do get a nifty NCSTAR (can I call it OEM?? It's from Chicomland. J/K) scope mount and Simmons 3-9 with it though.

http://www.myauctionsadmin.com/myauctions/auction_images/1386269934_1.gif

I would love to get a Steyr Maadi- those are special. Unfortunately, they are valuable places other than here.

There was a stripped out Intratac Maadi receiver on GB, but it appears that it is date coded 95 (the downside is that some of the Maadi post-89 dating systems are not very obvious), if I am reading it right- so no bueno. I remember when the last (Century) Maadis (like late 90s, so no bueno) were like $179 here before the type ban....I can't believe that they are so expensive now.
View Quote

i saw all of those on GB

found mine on armslist
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn, I done been hijacked.
A sincere, hearty "Thank You" to those that answered my question.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

i saw all of those on GB

found mine on armslist
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/380409000/380409807/pix847834129.jpg

http://www.myauctionsadmin.com/myauctions/auction_images/1386269934_1.gif

i saw all of those on GB

found mine on armslist

Fucking hell.

I want.

And an SP1 too.

This is so weird.  The guns we couldn't have for 20 years are legal again.  But I can't buy a Ruger 10/22 with a pistol grip.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:52:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fucking hell.

I want.

And an SP1 too.

This is so weird.  The guns we couldn't have for 20 years are legal again.  But I can't buy a Ruger 10/22 with a pistol grip.
View Quote

an SP1 can be had for a decent price right now, as not many people are buying up ARs currently from ive seen.

everyone wants an AK47 or UZI now
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:40:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

an SP1 can be had for a decent price right now, as not many people are buying up ARs currently from ive seen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking hell.

I want.

And an SP1 too.

Yah I'm doing the sp1 first to scratch retro itch

I have an Uzi flat I'm regging. Need to grab a parts kit but skeered of the naughty parts
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have an Uzi flat I'm regging. Need to grab a parts kit but skeered of the naughty parts
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking hell.

I want.

And an SP1 too.

Building it might close to what it costs to just buy one.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking hell.

I want.

And an SP1 too.

This is so weird. The guns we couldn't have for 20 years are legal again. But I can't buy a Ruger 10/22 with a pistol grip.

$700 buy it now

$650 reserve

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=380621469

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking hell.

I want.

And an SP1 too.

Well aware.

Was buying flats to register later on the cheap
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

be careful with the norincos,

cant say for sure, but  i think i remember someone saying on another site that they arent preban.           not sure if they meant import ban, or AWB though
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

cant say for sure, but  i think i remember someone saying on another site that they arent preban.           not sure if they meant import ban, or AWB though
View All Quotes
Quoted:

When they refer to them as not preban, they are referring to the 1989 federal import ban. The Norinco 320 was developed in response to to that ban and was an alteration to the Officer's Carbine (hence why there is the obliterated star logo on the receiver). Importation was discontinued fairly quickly due to an IP claim by Action Arms.

Technically, despite the predicate manufacture and import date, ATF would not have considered a stock Norinco 320 to qualify as a preban under the former federal assault weapons ban. UNder federal interpretation, since a (non-named) firearm was only an assault weapon based on the presence of certain features, if the firearm was not configured in a configuration as defined in the ban at some point prior (either built up in a kit/knockdown configuration),  it did not qualify. Interpretation of our state ban has been different from the federal ban in that regard.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Jody at Jojo's said they aren't transferring in anything from out of state as far as prebans..I was down there seeing about having something I've been after a while transferred..Friend of mine finally said he'd let go... But should not go there with the wife...She bought a really nice pre-ban E.A. lower.... Low four digit serial..
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

When they refer to them as not preban, they are referring to the 1989 federal import ban. The Norinco 320 was developed in response to to that ban and was an alteration to the Officer's Carbine (hence why there is the obliterated star logo on the receiver). Importation was discontinued fairly quickly due to an IP claim by Action Arms.

Technically, despite the predicate manufacture and import date, ATF would not have considered a stock Norinco 320 to qualify as a preban under the former federal assault weapons ban. UNder federal interpretation, since a (non-named) firearm was only an assault weapon based on the presence of certain features, if the firearm was not configured in a configuration as defined in the ban at some point prior (either built up in a kit/knockdown configuration),  it did not qualify. Interpretation of our state ban has been different from the federal ban in that regard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ahhh gotcha, thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top