Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2013 2:27:39 PM EDT
I know there was a thread a little while back about it, but its "rumored" to be opening Wednesday the 12th. The store is called "A Call To Arms" and its located at 90 Enfield St (Route5), Enfield, CT. Its a stones throw from I-91.

This is the news link. Its a good read. Theyre saying if you take a firearm education course its free for your kid and stuff like that.

I was driving by today and I saw someone walk in so I turned around to check it out. They were letting people come in, I think, as I just walked in with another gentleman. Theres nothing on the shelves but they were in the process of logging some rifles on the computers, putting out displays etc. We shot the shit for a few minutes and I headed out. They said everything should be up and running by Wednesday, which is why I put "rumored" in my opening sentence. I cant imagine the "red tape" trying to open a gun shop today and I can understand if Wednesday doesn't happen.

The shop looks fuckin nice! Its a decent size, very friendly and welcoming appeal to it. Im very interested to see what they do with the layout. More awesomely, all the gentleman working there were very polite and friendly. Handshakes all around, introductions etc. I dont know about all you but Im big on that stuff, goodshit.

I gotta say, Ive taken a sort of pride from this shop coming in. What with Riverview and all, its a big dog in my little fight in my little piece of the state. Though I don't live there now, Im a product of the Enfield Public School System; and I owe them a lot of praise and thanks in my upbringing. IMO the nonsense to no-nonsense ratio is right on, and there are a great many teachers that I think about damn near every day. Two of the gentleman opening this shop are members of the Board of Education in Enfield and I hope them the absolute best in this endeavor. I apologize if this comes off sounding like a plug for them. I dont have any affiliation with them. . . But I kind of do. Ya dig?

I saw a familiar face behind the counter as well. If you can remember the skinny 5'10"ish guy with the faded NRA baseball cap from Riverview, real quick and super helpful. I think it was him, same hat anyway.

Ill be sure to follow up (hopefully) Wednesday when I buy my M&P Shield(?) from them. Im fuckin stoked!

Link Posted: 6/8/2013 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Wednesday is my day off (I hope!) and Enfield is a bit of a drive, but I'm planning on visiting, New Gun Store is cause for celebration
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be sure to check it out.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wednesday is my day off (I hope!) and Enfield is a bit of a drive, but I'm planning on visiting, New Gun Store is cause for celebration

Be sure to call ahead in case they don't make the date.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Mike Brennan (one of the owners) is a good guy. I've done many transactions with him as he was a home based FFL/gunsmith prior to this.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#5]
weird time to be opening up a new gun store in CT

But more power to them, and lets just hope some of these laws somehow get dismissed, so they can have a thriving business in CT

Link Posted: 6/9/2013 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish them luck and hope that they can find things to sell...
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The gentleman I was talking to: I was asking him about stock, I must have listed 5 handgun makes, PF9, Shield, LC9, LCR, Bodyguard etc etc, he just kept shaking his head yes and logging a rifle on his computer.

I too hope they find/have/can get product, but; The shop is 2+ years in the making now. If I was going to open a gun shop, Id start by buying the guns and ammo. . All, the guns and ammo.

Link Posted: 6/9/2013 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The gentleman I was talking to: I was asking him about stock, I must have listed 5 handgun makes, PF9, Shield, LC9, LCR, Bodyguard etc etc, he just kept shaking his head yes and logging a rifle on his computer.

I too hope they find/have/can get product, but; The shop is 2+ years in the making now. If I was going to open a gun shop, Id start by buying the guns and ammo. . All, the guns and ammo.

The wholesalers are not going to sell to someone without a FFL
Not near me but I also wish them luck and expect to make a roadtrip

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#9]
According to their website they opened today. http://www.acall2arms.net/

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I wish them luck

Same here. Too far for me to drive until they are well established.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top