Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2013 1:45:14 PM EDT
Ive been meaning to do  a trust for some time and ofcourse never got around to it.
Can we still do a trust and if so would we still have to register everything etc?
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope. You *have* to register trust or not.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Who's thumb print would you use?
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
NFA is still legal in CT.

I suggest that you do not abandon plans for your trust.

However, as noted, it doesn't protect your title I guns or you from anything in terms of state law.

Trusts are typically used for transfer of assets.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Other than the obvious nfa benefits, does a trust offer any benefits for Title 1 guns?
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Although semi-auto pistol suppressors are effectively banned.

You can't really build an SBR anymore either.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:48:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who's thumb print would you use?

I'm going to sign the form XXX Revocable Trust, My name trustee. If they don't like it, I'll give my trust lawyer a call.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 3:51:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand where you get either of those statements from. If pistol suppressors were "effectively banned" my Class 3 wouldn't have just sold me an Octane 45 HD 6 days ago. I'm sure he cares about his license more than me.

Can't build SBR's anymore. Where in the bill does it say anything about NFA firearms?? My conversation with DPS not but a week ago gave me an ok for a Form 1 and Form 4. I called as to not waste my own time waiting on paperwork to clear, I also called my town Chief to see if he was gonna give me a hard time.

STOP SPREADING NONESENSE. THE LIB_TARDS ARE GIVING US A HARD ENOUGH TIME AS IT IS!!!

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:02:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand where you get either of those statements from. If pistol suppressors were "effectively banned" my Class 3 wouldn't have just sold me an Octane 45 HD 6 days ago. I'm sure he cares about his license more than me.

Can't build SBR's anymore. Where in the bill does it say anything about NFA firearms?? My conversation with DPS not but a week ago gave me an ok for a Form 1 and Form 4. I called as to not waste my own time waiting on paperwork to clear, I also called my town Chief to see if he was gonna give me a hard time.

STOP SPREADING NONESENSE. THE LIB_TARDS ARE GIVING US A HARD ENOUGH TIME AS IT IS!!!

Maybe I should have been a little more clear.

What I meant was  going forward. If you don't already own a semi-auto pistol with a threaded barrel you cannot get one, therefor eliminating anyone else from suppressing a s/a pistol. Unless there is some way to attach without threads.
The same goes for AR-15 SBR's, if you don't already own one you can only make a zero feature SBR. Is anyone going to do that? Probably not. Hell, does anyone even know if we can even get a zero feature AR since they are banned by name and copy?

These are my interpretations of the new law, If I'm wrong please tell me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:09:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I meant was  going forward. If you don't already own a semi-auto pistol with a threaded barrel you cannot get one, therefor eliminating anyone else from suppressing a s/a pistol. Unless there is some way to attach without threads.
The same goes for AR-15 SBR's, if you don't already own one you can only make a zero feature SBR. Is anyone going to do that? Probably not. Hell, does anyone even know if we can even get a zero feature AR since they are banned by name and copy?

You can still make an SBR on new firearms, and if it is a centerfire rifle then it must be over 30" total length.

You can still buy silencers and put them on new pistols provided the pistols are not semi-auto.  Lever actions & single shots make for great suppressed shooting.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:24:22 AM EDT
[#11]
doubletap
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:25:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the threaded pistol bbl work around is in the works already
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:52:39 AM EDT
[#13]
"You can still make an SBR on new firearms, and if it is a centerfire rifle then it must be over 30" total length."

If it's a registered SBR, it can be less than 30".
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:58:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"You can still make an SBR on new firearms, and if it is a centerfire rifle then it must be over 30" total length."

If it's a registered SBR, it can be less than 30".

If it is semi-auto and a new Centerfire Rifle (purchased/received post 4/4/13) in CT then it cannot be less than 30" or it is considered an assault weapon. Public Act 13-3 states that you must have been in lawful possession of the Assault weapon PRIOR TO 4/4/13.

Example:  You cannot go out and buy an M1 Carbine today, fill out a Form 1, and after approval cut 6" off the barrel which brings the overall length to 29.5" because you would have created a new Assault Weapon.
You could, however, cut 5" off the barrel, bringing the overall length to 30.5" ....

(iii) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than thirty inches;
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 7:20:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Need to know more please.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM sent
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM sent

I'm using magnets in my suppressed non-threaded barrel.

Shits tight yo!
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM sent

I'm using magnets in my suppressed non-threaded barrel.

Shits tight yo!

Neodymium FTW  
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

pm sent as well
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#20]
What if the "AW" was owned prior to 4-4-13 can it be sbr below 30" with a form 1?
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pm sent as well

Can I get this pm as well? If something can keep me from having to thread all of my barrels that would be great
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What if the "AW" was owned prior to 4-4-13 can it be sbr below 30" with a form 1?

I believe so because it will already be classified as an AW.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Man I hate secrets.  Now I want know too.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pm sent as well

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Man I hate secrets.  Now I want know too.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pm sent as well

It isn't ready for use yet and there are a couple methods still being researched for feasibility by firepolock and myself.

-No threading required

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#25]
dont you all worry. when me and andropas know, we will share.

we believe in fucking over CT equally. its an equal oppurtunity state, isnt it?
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

God bless you sir.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

God bless you sir.

see?

we should be praised by the libs for being so generous and considerate of others in need
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top