Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2013 6:29:21 AM EDT
Anybody interested in a get together on an evening of, Friday the 8th, Saturday the 9th, or Sunday the 10th (of February)? Also, a suggestion for a centralized location we can meet. Id like to see guys from all over the state. Good food, good beer, and somewhat quiet so we can talk.

Purpose: Discuss tactics to be used at the Anti-rally. Get a head count of people on our side that can show. Collect funds/materials/literature for the coffee station.

I think this will be crucial in assuring an effective showing. We can get all the money into one persons hands for the coffee, accumulate the supplies etc. This way there will be no surprises when THURSDAY() comes around and something comes up and someone cant show. We need to centralize thought and action on this one, this is a real chance to sway public opinion. We may not get another one.

This will likely be the first of many posts. Once we get a good idea of where and who, Ill start a poll for the actual meet date.

We've got 18 days to get this shit together. LETS GO!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]
im in, but you already knew that. let me know a location and time to see if i can make the premeet
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump

Who's interested!?!?
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Zerg, you need to loop into CCDL  They have the resources that you need to help you organize to see this end out.

I'm down for anything, but let's get as big of an impact as possible.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag!  Im in. Where is the meeting placE?
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
What day is the big meeting for Coalition of CT Sportsmen at Bristol F&G?  the 7th?
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in, sent a message to CCDL about this.
Somebody please contact them!
We need everyones support on this.
This rally will have more impact than any other, I predict a "full court press" as they'll be there to cover the event to fit the media's agenda.
Impact? Hell yeah!
Press coverage? You betcha!
Rain on the Anti's parade? ....I gotta pee, brb.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone own a restaraunt or something we could take over for that night?
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#9]
My girls family does...
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I am interested in meeting info.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:52:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry guys, I will be out of state for work.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone own a restaraunt or something we could take over for that night?

Sean over at Salute (restaurant on the north side of Bushnell Park near pearl st.) spoke with my wife and me for ~30 minutes on the day of the rally while we got lunch there. I think he was both genuinely interested in the subject and trying to drum up new catering business.  The food was really good.  He might also be an option for the coffee/hot chocolate table.

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 2:04:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:35:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm not sure where to go from here, work has me balls to the wall and this storm isn't helping. (I plow also)

Also, I've never done anything like this before. So I'm sure that isn't helping
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 6:16:32 AM EDT
[#15]
The latest from the opposition :

Important details/info MARCH FOR CHANGE

MARCH FOR CHANGE is a week away. This email contains important details about the rally. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

Governor Malloy, Sandy Hook families, parents directly impacted by gun violence in our urban communities, as well as members of clergy, other high-level elected officials and special guests to speak. Christine Baranski of the GOOD WIFE, to emcee; October Project will perform.

This is a peaceful demonstration; please act in a way that is respectful and courteous. This is a day for community and unity not divisive behavior. Do not engage with the opposition – this will not be productive and will be a source of frustration. THIS IS OUR DAY, NOT THEIRS.

MARCH FOR CHANGE and CAGV support the 2nd Amendment and the individual’s right to own a gun, but we believe there needs to be rational, common sense regulations and limitations to the laws. We demand change in CT’s current gun laws. We encourage participants to speak to the press, keeping in mind that we are a unified voice; there are press volunteers (wearing NEON GREEN t-shirts) on site to help, along with a press table. You should speak about your personal connections and experiences; tweet (@marchforchange), instagram, FB postings, etc.

There will be general volunteers on site wearing NEON GREEN; you can ask them for directions and guidance on site.

BUS RIDERS: Anyone signed up for a bus will be hearing from their bus captain in a separate email.

DRIVERS: Parking info on our website http://tinyurl.com/bhbd7oo

WARM (GREEN) CLOTHES - Hand warmers, toe warmers can be found at sporting/outdoor stores and are effective. Leave the cute shoes at home and dress for cold weather. MFC tees can be worn over coats.

GREEN HATS AVAILABLE ON SITE FOR FREE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

SIGNS/BANNERS - Messaging is key. Signs and banners are encouraged and should be creative and expressive, but civil and not gory or graphic. Remember, children will be present and we don't want to upset people with grotesque imagery. Photos of loved ones, slogans acceptable. WE ARE NOT ADVOCATING FOR BANNING ALL GUNS, we want reasonable, rational, regulations and limitations. Try to avoid the word CONTROL.

Sample signs:

Ban Military style assault weapons. No Civilian Needs 30 Rounds. Change the Conversation, Change the Culture, Change the Law. We Demand Change Today. Our Hearts Are Broken. Enough Broken Hearts. [insert name/town] MARCHES FOR ....change, hope, peace, safer gun laws, Newtown, etc.

FOOD - available for purchase at one of the food trucks on site or in Capitol cafeteria; we encourage participants to bring thermoses of hot cocoa, coffee, tea and snacks

TOILET - Capitol bathrooms will be open; portable toilets are on site. Banners/signs must be left outside

KEEP THE PARK CLEAN. Trash should be placed in receptacles provided.

SPEAKING PROGRAM WILL LAST APPROXIMATELY 90 MINUTES - the complete list of speakers available on the March for Change website (http://marchforchange.org/) after 2/8
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I like how they are looking to avoid the word "control".

How about some plants with signs calling for control.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#17]
well guys, i dropped the ball on this one. been busy with other shit and couldnt figure out the logistics

sorry men
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't blame yourself, and you owe no one an apology.

Took 3 weeks to get guys to say, "interested", and just for a get together to discuss the idea, at that. This is a group fail, all the way. . . .
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#19]
damn, its all over the news, and it hasnt even started.

wondering if it would have been good to even show up. i have a feeling that they would make us look like murderers. and thats if we stayed peaceful

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:37:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
damn, its all over the news, and it hasnt even started.

wondering if it would have been good to even show up. i have a feeling that they would make us look like murderers. and thats if we stayed peaceful

Agree

Shine at our own protests instead.

Rallying everyone together takes a lot of resources and commitment.  It is better to have a strong showing in our favor than weakly crop dust their rallys.  Especially when public emotions are so high.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:54:04 AM EDT
[#21]
IMO, very little benefit to going to these types of events unless you're going to dominate the space.  They're using buses to bring people in and feeding the news media.  Anyone who shows up in opposition will be used against us in the media with a tagline like "the pro-gun side was made up of a tiny contingent of supporters that were silenced by the massive turnout of gun control supporters."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#22]
ive seen pics of 2 signs so far

"ban high capacity ammunition"

and

"Make gun trafficking illegal"

smart ones i tell ya ;)
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:49:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ive seen pics of 2 signs so far

"ban high capacity ammunition"

and

"Make gun trafficking illegal"

smart ones i tell ya ;)

seldom do zombies and robots think for themselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top