Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2012 12:19:29 PM EDT
So I am surfing gunbroker looking for deals. Ya right!!

I see a person selling tons of Pmags. States that will not ship to ban states, and included CT.
I send a message reading:  "CT is not a hi cap mag ban state. FYI"
Didn't really expect a response. Just wanted to point it out.

Well, I couldn't believe the response I got.

Reply:  "In light of what happened it is to me .."

Then another response minute later
Reply:  "I just feel bad... I'll ship.. I just feel funny.."

I mean WTF!?!?!?!!  I was so heated I didn't want to respond back.
I can't believe that a supposed gun person or store would say something like that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I am surfing gunbroker looking for deals. Ya right!!

I see a person selling tons of Pmags. States that will not ship to ban states, and included CT.
I send a message reading:  "CT is not a hi cap mag ban state. FYI"
Didn't really expect a response. Just wanted to point it out.

Well, I couldn't believe the response I got.

Reply:  "In light of what happened it is to me .."

Then another response minute later
Reply:  "I just feel bad... I'll ship.. I just feel funny.."

I mean WTF!?!?!?!!  I was so heated I didn't want to respond back.
I can't believe that a supposed gun person or store would say something like that.

It's what happens when "cover your own ass" gets taken too far,
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
At least you received a response, I saw the same thing in an ad and asked the same question with no answer.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny thing is she is selling 100's of pmags. What a nonsence remark.

My response to her: Yet meanwhile you have no problems selling elsewhere. Unfortunately mam, your logic is flawed. If it happened in your state, what would you do then? Melt all you pmags at a loss? I'm not sure if you're an anti-gun advocate or what. Do what you want, its your right. Happy new year.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Try sending her another message ask her why they feel that way in light of the fact that NO HI-CAP MAGS WERE USED in the tragedy by the murderer.  AAMOF no .223 was used but four pistols, predominently .22, too.  That will certainly change the dynamic of that discussion, won't it??

Rome
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#6]
a little off topic, but i just saw a CETME for sale in CT on GB. and he says he wont sell to CT??????????

it appears to be compliant too
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
a little off topic, but i just saw a CETME for sale in CT on GB. and he says he wont sell to CT??????????

Well it appears the owner is a dumbass
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it appears the owner is a dumbass

better yet, he charges CT sales tax to if your from CT
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#9]
double post
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Wait...

So what you're saying is that he wont sell it to anyone in CT, but will still charge sales tax if you're from CT?

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wait...

So what you're saying is that he wont sell it to anyone in CT, but will still charge sales tax if you're from CT?

yuppppp.................

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323458038
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Must....resist....urge....to.....MURDER him for his stupidity
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:35:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait...

yuppppp.................

Seller is located in CT but won't sell locally, but if he does then he charges state sales tax (meaning he is a dealer/FFL).  

Spend your money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:45:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait...

yuppppp.................

Seller is located in CT but won't sell locally, but if he does then he charges state sales tax (meaning he is a dealer/FFL).  

Spend your money elsewhere.

He has to be.  He is auctioning several items that exceed the feature ban in CT.

Honestly, who gives a shit.  Lots of idiots out there.  And a lot of sellers on gunbroker happy to take our money.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:53:50 AM EDT
[#15]
There is a lot of retard going on right now,like Dan said there are others who will gladly do business with Ct residents.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:41:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There is a lot of retard going on right now,like Dan said there are others who will gladly do business with Ct residents.

and those are the guys that will get my money
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Try sending her another message ask her why they feel that way in light of the fact that NO HI-CAP MAGS WERE USED in the tragedy by the murderer.  AAMOF no .223 was used but four pistols, predominently .22, too.  That will certainly change the dynamic of that discussion, won't it??

Rome

Is that a fact Rome? Whats the source. I've been disscussing that with a few friends.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Funny thing I heard today. A shop owner from CT was having hair cut by a friends wife.
They said they would like a no online ammo sales law. More money for us dealers.

I can't beleive that we are that un-united. If this is the way we are, we will lose against the state and feds for sure!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Funny thing I heard today. A shop owner from CT was having hair cut by a friends wife.
They said they would like a no online ammo sales law. More money for us dealers.

I can't beleive that we are that un-united. If this is the way we are, we will lose against the state and feds for sure!!!

the problem is some gun shop owners are just business people, and thats it/ its all about the $$$$$$
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top