Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2012 3:44:10 PM EDT
Okay, so I'm going to order a lower from Spikes online.  They're located in FL I believe.  I'm in CT.  I need to have them ship this to an FFL before I can pick it up, correct?  Now I'm on Spike's order page and I've filled out information such as shipping and billing with my own address.. Do I need to have the shipping address be the FFL that I want to have it picked up from?  Or do I fill out all of the information for myself and then after the fact specify an FFL's address?

Thank you guys.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The best thing you can do is actually get in touch with your FFL, and he or she will guide you through the process. The shipping address needs to be the FFL your going to be picking your lower up from. Last thing you need is any lower or fully assembled weapon shipped to your doorstep!

^This
The times I have done this the first thing I do is go to my FFL and give them all of the info on the place i'm ordering from. I then go online (or call) and place the order with the seller. The seller will only ship the item to the address that is on the FFL.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Always use your address as billing and shipping when you are filling out an online order.  Once the order is complete and you have your invoice/order# you call your FFL.  Give them the invoice/order# and have them fax/email/snail mail their FFL to the store/person/shop that you ordered from.  The rest is sitting back and waiting for a call from your FFL.  You should also receive from the seller a tracking number for your item.  This helps to keep the FFLs honest.  They get a ton of stuff and your stuff is no more important than all the other merchandise they receive.  Once you check your tracking number and it shows delivered, call your FFL.  Then visit, fill out paperwork and pay the FFL.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds good.  Filled them both out with my address, got an order confirmation by email. Contacted my FFL who informed me that the company (Spikes) has all of their information.  Emailed in response to my order form to please ship to my FFL (with attached address).  I didn't miss anything here I believe.. so sit back, wait for tracking number to come in and when I see that it's been delivered then I'll head over to my FFL?

Another thing if anybody has any experience with Spikes.. I ordered an enhanced lower kit with their standard Spike's roll mark.  Are these back ordered like I believe that the pirate and zombie lowers are?  If they are or are not does anyone know the normal wait time / ship time for spikes? Trying to figure out whether or not I ought to be anxious or just forget about it for now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]
The best thing you can do is actually get in touch with your FFL, and he or she will guide you through the process. The shipping address needs to be the FFL your going to be picking your lower up from. Last thing you need is any lower or fully assembled weapon shipped to your doorstep!
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
You can use your address in the shipping, it's your account (I assume you are creating an account and you may order stuff from them that does not require a FFL).  They aren't going to ship it to an address that they don't have a FFL for.  After placing the order, you would call your FFL with your name and order information and Spike's FAX number so that your FFL can FAX his license to them.  Your FFL will receive the item along with a copy of Spike's FFL.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I was under the impression they are out of all lowers at the moment, so might be awhile.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was under the impression they are out of all lowers at the moment, so might be awhile.

I did see the back order notice.  That back order notice covers everything at the moment then?

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea I just read somewhere that the wait time was over a month.....that was a few days ago....
I'm pretty sure hoffmans in newington has spikes lowers in stock FYI
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yea I just read somewhere that the wait time was over a month.....that was a few days ago....

As an FYI,

With lowers, you will almost always pay less locally than online.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As an FYI,

There's only one time I would disagree with this......PSA's lower sale when their lowers are 50 bucks.  For anything else, yep, buy locally....unless you want a lower that no one will carry locally (Mega, Noveske, etc.)
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Ended up ordering a complete enhanced lower from spike's without a stock on it.  Are you talking stripped lowers or complete's for a cheaper deal locally?

Giving Hoffman's a call to see if they have complete's.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As an FYI,

There's only one time I would disagree with this......PSA's lower sale when their lowers are 50 bucks.  For anything else, yep, buy locally....unless you want a lower that no one will carry locally (Mega, Noveske, etc.)

True enough- but at Christmas, when PSA was $50+$7 (p/h)+xfer (figure $20+), you weren't going to get away lower than $77. At the same time, Hoffmans was selling Rguns lowers for $69. Jo-Jo's gets Stag blems for like $75 fairly often.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just got off the phone - only stripped and they quoted me at $189 for a stripped lower.  My order with Spike's directly will stay.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Riverview usually has spikes stripped lowers in stock. And nowhere near that price.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just got off the phone - only stripped and they quoted me at $189 for a stripped lower.  My order with Spike's directly will stay.

Wow thats way off I bought one from them for 99 plus tax, if hadn't seen dti rifle that met all of my wife's wants in a rifle I would have bought 4 instead of just 1
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like their buy 1 get 1 free sales

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:30:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like their buy 1 get 1 free sales

Sounds like their ripoff sale.

You'll like the Spike's lower.  They make good stuff.

If you want to borrow my dremel to grind the penii off of it, let me know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top