Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2012 2:22:30 AM EDT
Is there any place in CT that I can fire my AR in total darkness here in this lovely state of CT?

I got night vision and a silencer on this rig and I want to test it out. It's not real quiet with the can on it, as the bullets break the sound barrier and that crack is pretty noticeable.

So where can I go and not get busted around here. If it's a indoor range, I need lights out so I can put a few down range.

I asked my gun clubs if I could fire a few after dark and I got the typical answer, so without getting in trouble I need a testing area.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:01:26 AM EDT
[#1]
People shoot at all hours of the day/night around my place.  Shotguns at 1am, rifles at 3, it seems to make no difference what time it is - aside from Saturday and Sunday afternoons when all hell breaks loose.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Call your local PD, town clerk and zoning office.

In my town, there are no regs against shooting on ones private property and there is no noise ordinance laws.

Besides, how they gonna hear it???
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup do it all the time... Bring your spotlight and have a blast...

Ps... Make sure u r on private land.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:23:35 AM EDT
[#4]
No jokes yet about the weekend nocturnal shoots in New Haven and Bridgeport.?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No jokes yet about the weekend nocturnal shoots in New Haven and Bridgeport.?

http://spotcrime.com/ct/new+haven

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to shoot at night when I had access to a PVS14. (private land)

Now just till early darkness.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#7]

That's just it, I don't own enough land to shoot home. The 2 gun clubs I belong to have rules that forbid shooting after sunset. I asked and got shot down.

I'm asking around and have asked a police dispatcher in Southington to probe this for me. The Southington SWAT shoot in New Britain somewhere I learned, and twice a year they go at 5 am or 11 pm for training.  Not that I want to tag along, but if it's a regular ole club, perhaps they can let others shoot after sunset too.
Anyone have an idea where this could be?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#8]
The pd range is at tilcon behind the old DMV...

Where are you located in the state?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Mohegan21 for your time!

A buddy from work came thru, he has an ideal place not to far and I'm heading over there tonight!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top