Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 4:46:38 AM EDT
but apparently Gov. Lynch is going to veto it.

Two other bills are coming up for discussion/vote soon, one is loaded long guns in vehicles, the other appears to be regarding firearms on campuses and other publicly owned land/buildings.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20120106-NEWS-201060403

If I should have left link cold just tell me and I can fix it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:23:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunatly they did not pass with the wide margins like the "Ward Bird" bill did.  WHEN vetoed by the Gov., there is a good chance that there will not be the 2/3 majority to overturn the veto.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:29:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Why do we keep voting Lynch in luckly he said he wont be running for another term, Thank god for that. And i find that bill to have loaded long guns in cars and trucks interesting. It woud make my truck gun more useful if i needed it in a hurry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#3]
My question is what happens if there is no CCW permit's anymore, what happens to the RSA about doing FTF transfers with Permit holders?  No more FTF or FTF at your own risk?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#4]
You will still be able to get a permit for reciprocity/FTF sales ID purposes, but you will not HAVE TO get one to carry concealed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My question is what happens if there is no CCW permit's anymore, what happens to the RSA about doing FTF transfers with Permit holders?  No more FTF or FTF at your own risk?

Unless they change that RSA as well you will still need to require a permit or FFL transfer. If less people are getting their permits because they're not required that means you will need to do more FFL transfers. This only applies to handguns IIRC but I require a permit or transfer for ANY firearm I sell (just for peace of mind and to help cover my ass). So it looks like more FFL's will be making more $$. Also IIRC it is a Felony to sell to somebody without requiring the FFL transfer or permit unless you personally know the individual under the current RSA.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless they change that RSA as well you will still need to require a permit or FFL transfer. If less people are getting their permits because they're not required that means you will need to do more FFL transfers. This only applies to handguns IIRC but I require a permit or transfer for ANY firearm I sell (just for peace of mind and to help cover my ass). So it looks like more FFL's will be making more $$. Also IIRC it is a Felony to sell to somebody without requiring the FFL transfer or permit unless you personally know the individual under the current RSA.

Correct, currently we must know each other or buyer must have pistol permit to do FTF.  Long guns only requirement is both parties must be residents of the same state.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Ian, You should add a poll to the OP and ask who plans on still obtaining a permit or going without one if this passes.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ian, You should add a poll to the OP and ask who plans on still obtaining a permit or going without one if this passes.

Good call, will do.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Answering Yes to the poll can encompass any reason.

Yes, for FTF sales, reciprocity with other states, etc.

Or, my reason would be simply for having a piece of paper to show a LEO who may not be up on firearm laws and current changes.  I would assume LEO's don't like being told what's legal or not.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Im not sure yet if I will renew my permit or not but I'm leaning to probably not. I have no need for reciprocity as I'm not planning on taking the trips again that I've taken in the past where I used it. I hardly ever buy firearms via private sale and if I did I'd have no problem doing an FFL transfer.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Im not sure yet if I will renew my permit or not but I'm leaning to probably not. I have no need for reciprocity as I'm not planning on taking the trips again that I've taken in the past where I used it. I hardly ever buy firearms via private sale and if I did I'd have no problem doing an FFL transfer.

I would still renew it since it hasnt been sign by Lynch who said he's gunna veto it. Which sucks
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:00:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would still renew it since it hasnt been sign by Lynch who said he's gunna veto it. Which sucks

Just renewed this year so I have 4 years. Even if this does pass all it takes is the next group of ass clowns to change the law again anyways.

One of my main underlying concerns is that we have a strong Republican showing right now that are making changes that the Democrats don't like. Next time they are Democrat heavy I hope they don't change things back and just to say "fuck you" and get back at the Republicans make laws that are worse than when we started. Hopefully this won't start a pendulum effect where we start getting less then more restrictive laws passed depending on which group of douche bags are in office. I hope 10 years from now we don't look back and say "wow they really stirred up a hornets nest and we should have been happy with what we had".

Politics and politicians often don't coincide with what's good for the people IMO.

For the record, I do like the laws that are being passed when it comes to firearms, I just don't see a problem with our current system but lets not go there again.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If this gets signed or otherwise made law, I probably will not renew my NR permit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I will renew.  Its cheap, I have family in FL, and close friends in PA so reciprocity sometimes matters.  Finally I feel it is nice just to have a piece of paper to give a LEO that you can have a CCW regardless of not needing the paper
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If this gets signed or otherwise made law, I probably will not renew my NR permit.

pretty much this
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just renewed this year so I have 4 years. Even if this does pass all it takes is the next group of ass clowns to change the law again anyways.

One of my main underlying concerns is that we have a strong Republican showing right now that are making changes that the Democrats don't like. Next time they are Democrat heavy I hope they don't change things back and just to say "fuck you" and get back at the Republicans make laws that are worse than when we started. Hopefully this won't start a pendulum effect where we start getting less then more restrictive laws passed depending on which group of douche bags are in office. I hope 10 years from now we don't look back and say "wow they really stirred up a hornets nest and we should have been happy with what we had".

Politics and politicians often don't coincide with what's good for the people IMO.

For the record, I do like the laws that are being passed when it comes to firearms, I just don't see a problem with our current system but lets not go there again.

But you did go there.  Now I see why Lynch is able to do pretty much whatever the Hell he wants with impunity.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top