Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2011 6:58:14 AM EDT
No New England Team Shirts. What gives?
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#1]
In
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a thread discussing this matter a few years ago.

We even agreed on a Minuteman mascot for the NEHTF.
...then nothing
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There was a thread discussing this matter a few years ago.

We even agreed on a Minuteman mascot for the NEHTF.

...then nothing

Can you dig up the logo? Who does one talk to to get this going again? I would definitely be interested in this and Im sure others on here would be too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Some of those logos were hideous, so I'm not surprised none of the shirts were made.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
hahaha ^

Maybe I should say . . . does anybody have logos or ideas for logos?

I may be getting in a bit over my head, or a little ahead of myself, but I'm thinking:

1) Talk to the mods or whoever it would concern. (I have already posted an inquiry in the Store sub-forum)

2) Set a realistic deadline for logo submissions, and accept logo submissions from our fellow New Englanders. (Hopefully this would fall under a mods responsibilities, but would not be opposed to doing it myself if necessary.)

3) Set up a poll in the NE Hometown Forum with the logo submissions and a predetermined deadline to vote.

I think I'm being a little optimistic about how easy this is going to be, but any ideas or input would be helpful.

Im posting a link to the inquiry thread in the store forum, please drop a post if your interested so the store mod can see there is an interest. Thanks guys

NEHTF - Shirts?

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:20:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I cross linked this thread and the store thread to GD

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1232016_.html&page=1&sr=0

We need a logo that encompasses New England as a whole. Which may be the reason they have been reluctant to do this so far.  Someone brought up Using a Minute Man which makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I cross linked this thread and the store thread to GD

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1232016_.html&page=1&sr=0

We need a logo that encompasses New England as a whole. Which may be the reason they have been reluctant to do this so far.  Someone brought up Using a Minute Man which makes sense.

We also need a slogan...something like "First in the country to bear arms, first to give them up!"
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd be in, too.  While I have no problem with the Minuteman logo, I'm in CT and would like to see something more that would encompass all 6 NE states.  Maybe something along the lines of the outline of the NE states with some additional artwork inside of that on the interior?  Could we use part of the AR15.com logo?

Rome
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd be in, too.  While I have no problem with the Minuteman logo, I'm in CT and would like to see something more that would encompass all 6 NE states.  Maybe something along the lines of the outline of the NE states with some additional artwork inside of that on the interior?  Could we use part of the AR15.com logo?

Rome

Current art ARFcom offers on the create your own T shirts and long sleeve T shirts can be found here http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_65/1127174_.html

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, Badlatitude, for that link.  However, there's no "New England" hometown background for us to use.  If they were to add one, I'll bet we could come up with a suitable logo.

Rome
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks, Badlatitude, for that link.  However, there's no "New England" hometown background for us to use.  If they were to add one, I'll bet we could come up with a suitable logo.

Rome

That's the point of this lol. We don't need any minimum commitment anymore. The shirts are printed on a custom order basis now. We really just need their "artist" to make up a darn logo we can select from the stores drop down menu of logos.

Some cool ideas have been proposed. In fact combing them would work. Just like other multi state HTFs it could be the outline of our area with something like a minute man etc etc. I'm no artist. I cant even free hand a straight line lol

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Something like this inside the arfcom bolt would be perfect.

I think getting together a slew of designs and voting on them in a poll would be the most fair way to get around any disagreements.

Many of the states team shirts have 1 or more designs, so we might even be able to use the top two.

Badlatitude, thank you for linking those.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry! I'm slow to catch on sometimes Badattitude.  

J563, that's a great start.  Could we eliminate the blue background (although in NE, we are mostly "blue" states LOL) and stick something in there like some hardware or whatever??

Rome

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 5:34:51 AM EDT
[#17]
How about this idea.

Have the state outlines with each stated colored in their respective state flags or seals.

Our about the AR15 bolt logo in the center of a circle of state seals.

later

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't want any other state but CT on my shirt
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 6:10:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 6:16:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 6:26:05 AM EDT
[#21]

He doesnt appear to be using that very effectively.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I basically work in the industry so I'll offer some insight:

Logos need to be simple.  If you are screen printing, each color adds another screen and another step to the printing process.

Minimum order size. You need to do at least 24 or the cost of setup and printing per shirt is expensive and in some cases more than just embroidering a logo. (Left chest logo as an example)

Shipping costs.  With everyone spread out over New England, shipping costs will be the killer, not to mention the time involved in sorting and coordination of what goes where.

Cotton costs.  Prices of t-shirts have basically doubled over the last year.

Just a few things to think about.  With a simple logo, you're looking at about $8-10 each depending on the brand of shirt for S-XL, with 2X+ in the range of $13 - $15 each, not including shipping costs.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 5:28:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I basically work in the industry so I'll offer some insight:

Logos need to be simple.  If you are screen printing, each color adds another screen and another step to the printing process.

Minimum order size. You need to do at least 24 or the cost of setup and printing per shirt is expensive and in some cases more than just embroidering a logo. (Left chest logo as an example)

Shipping costs.  With everyone spread out over New England, shipping costs will be the killer, not to mention the time involved in sorting and coordination of what goes where.

Cotton costs.  Prices of t-shirts have basically doubled over the last year.

Just a few things to think about.  With a simple logo, you're looking at about $8-10 each depending on the brand of shirt for S-XL, with 2X+ in the range of $13 - $15 each, not including shipping costs.

Look in the ARF store at the create your own T shirt. There is no minimum order and front anf back logos can be mixed and matched how you see fit. We only need then to accept and list a design.

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 7:33:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe we could add the slogan, "Sons of Liberty" to it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Liberty
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe we could add the slogan, "Sons of Liberty" to it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Liberty

I like that.

I've got a design in mind that Im going to pass to my buddies wife (marketing wiz) to draw up for us. Might be a few weeks though.

It will be a map of NE like shown above but blacked out instead of blue, and instead of having the states listed around it I think we should put some sort of New England proverb (like your idea) around it, and then encircled by the ARFCOM bolt logo.

Well see what it looks like when it comes out.

Id be interested to know what people think about wording and such as far as ARFCOM goes. I think it would be much cooler if it wasn't a blatant gun shirt, but more or less a little hidden meaning that only ARFCOM-ers would recognize. IE The arfcom bolt instead of AR-15.com or something.

A quick google search comes up with a few proverbs I like-
"We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once." - Calvin Coolidge
"Dont ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up." - Robert Frost
"Where we stand is not as important as the direction in which we are heading." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Or we could always make something up-
First to found, last to fall - Sons of Liberty

I understand its not just my shirt though, so I still think it should all go up for vote.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#26]
This just came off the ARFCOM newsletter:

"HTF T-Shirts
The ever popular HTF T-Shirts continue to expand as new states are added. Check out the current offerings, and if your region does not yet have a design, then get to it! Some states have several shirts already, so get with your group, we'll help you come up with a design and then the HTF can vote until everyone agrees on a design."
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't want any other state but CT on my shirt

For real.  Those other states can EABoD.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#28]
rgaper - you have no say in this.  Despite your temporary living in CT, you know fuckall about New England.  Stop typing and check on your back yard still.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
fiuck, it, I'm talking to Goatboy. I'm going to make sure that Connecticut gets added to the NYHTF where it belongs........

Fairfield Cty goes to NY.  New London Cty to RI and the rest, the Massholes can fight over.

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
fiuck, it, I'm talking to Goatboy. I'm going to make sure that Connecticut gets added to the NYHTF where it belongs........

Um ......  What?
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fairfield Cty goes to NY.  New London Cty to RI and the rest, the Massholes can fight over.

LOL thats how craigs list does. Which makes no sense either
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Makes trolling for hookers easier and more geographically convenient.  That's what rgaper told me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

NY Mass and CT can have one HTF together where you can talk about all the cool guns that us guys in other states around you get to own.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes trolling for hookers easier and more geographically convenient.  That's what rgaper told me.

What's nice about craigslist is you can find hookers.....................................and a shovel.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What's nice about craigslist is you can find hookers.....................................and a shovel.

And cars with a moderately-sized trunk.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I require that my hookers come WITH a shovel.

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I require that my hookers come WITH a shovel.

I could have sworn I heard the same line in American Pimp.

"Priests need nuns, doctors need nurses. So ho's need pimps."

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch, right under the bus.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Why can't Ct  have it's own shirt. As each state should.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And cars with a moderately-sized trunk.

A few years back I bought a cadillac deville from Maritime motors.  When I had the salesman pop the trunk to see how bit it was. I thought to myself how much room it hard for rifle hard cases and travel stuff.  Out of the blue the salesman says. "Yeah theese trunks are great. You could fit 3 dead hookers and a case of scotch in there"

I said I'll take it!

100% true story

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Why can't Ct have it's own shirt. As each state should.

Demand vs cost, they need a certain number of orders to make it worthwhile. I don't think the powers that be expect doing each NE state on it's own would be cost effective.

Personally, I don't mind having a New England shirt, the rest of the country can't tell us apart anyway, the hayseeds.

Again ill post in this thread. SHIRTS ARE MADE IN THE CREATE YOUR OWN SHIRT SECTION OF THE STORE. This means you can pick any of their art for the front or back of your shirt. Its not like it used to be where they are going to pre order shirts and get shafted with them. It also gives us the ability to have personal shirts. You guys should check it out.  

You pick your color and what art you want where and send it. Then they make the shirt and mail it out. It has already been said by the mods submit art/ideas and they will hook us up.

Link Posted: 9/22/2011 2:38:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 4:12:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Again ill post in this thread. SHIRTS ARE MADE IN THE CREATE YOUR OWN SHIRT SECTION OF THE STORE. This means you can pick any of their art for the front or back of your shirt. Its not like it used to be where they are going to pre order shirts and get shafted with them. It also gives us the ability to have personal shirts. You guys should check it out.

You pick your color and what art you want where and send it. Then they make the shirt and mail it out. It has already been said by the mods submit art/ideas and they will hook us up.

Man, I was trying to crush all the hope in their hearts

There you go, guys, submit your own design. I'd even suggest that if you want to have a design contezt, by state, that that might be fun......

Link Posted: 9/22/2011 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Personally, I hate everything about the god damn state of CT with exception of my friends and family. I'm very proud to call myself a New Englander, and it actually makes me happier to know that than to think about being from CT. I actually can not wait to move back to VT some day. I would not buy a shirt with just CT on it.

I think its funny because just a few weeks ago all the guys saying they only want CT on their shirt are the same guys that were telling a guy not to move here!?!?

Heres a reminder
Convince me to move to CT

I don't mean to interrupt your gay hooker burying romp in the woods either, but I have the courtesy not to trash your threads, and I would appreciate the same. If you don't want a NE shirt don't buy one, if you don't want to help getting them made then don't, if you don't have something constructive to say in a thread, just don't post in it.

Were trying to get something constructive done here, both for the site and its patrons, and it would be appreciated if we could keep it to business. Your more than welcome to go start a gay hooker bashing thread on your own.

Sorry, rant off. Must have got up on the wrong side of the bed today.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#49]
I was foolish enough to deride the other NE states the last time this topic came up and we still have no shirts.  I am in for a NE shirt as long as it doesn't completely suck.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I was foolish enough to deride the other NE states the last time this topic came up and we still have no shirts.  I am in for a NE shirt as long as it doesn't completely suck.

I'm in for at least one when it happens.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top