Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2011 5:50:52 AM EDT
Liberals trying to draft Keith Olbermann for Joe Lieberman's Senate seat
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/139677-movement-underway-to-draft-olbermann-for-senate

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh, that'd be JUST what we need.
I'd like to get another fiscal conservative who's at least not anti-gun. I honestly don't care what party they claim to be, just what their voting record is and how well they stand up to party pressure since our republicans might as well be democrats in most cases here.

Long term I'd like to see more gun control reform. I doubt we'll get what I consider GOOD gun laws in this state anytime soon, but at least some common sense adjustments would be nice. Maybe something to bring the carry permit more under state control as well. There are far too many cities that ignore the law because there's no penalty for them doing so. Our permit process as written isn't bad, as executed it can be anything from smooth and easy to expensive, years long and socially and economically damaging. Some of the worst seems to have been nipped by the state crack down on locations with "extra" requirements but they still routinely ignore the 8 week time limit and I still hear about the occasional invasive questioning of associates.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:17:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad I'm moving out of this state
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:07:18 AM EDT
[#4]
It really wouldn't surprise me but if elected I would be gone from this state.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that.

Africa CT wins again.

One more decent resident leaves and we are stuck with the "gimme gimme gimme I want a shiney" hand out crowd.

Good luck wherever you are going.

ETA:  I fully support bringing Keith Olverbite into the race and am tempted to start a Conservatives for Keith support group.  He would be so much fun in debates.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:02:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry to hear that.

Africa CT wins again.

One more decent resident leaves and we are stuck with the "gimme gimme gimme I want a shiney" hand out crowd.

ETA:  I fully support bringing Keith Olverbite into the race and am tempted to start a Conservatives for Keith support group.  He would be so much fun in debates.  
Actually, you are stuck with one less taxpaying supporter of the gimme gimme crowd.  You might call it a twist on going Galt.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that.

Africa CT wins again.

Actually, you are stuck with one less taxpaying supporter of the gimme gimme crowd.  You might call it a twist on going Galt.

Sort of what I was trying to covey, I think.  

I have met Blackhawk101 and he is a darn good guy and will be missed.  I have also had the opportunity to work on (and in) projects in and around New Haven, Waterbury, Norwalk, Hartford, etc. and all I can say is that while I am happy for him personally, I regret that the balance shifts ever so slightly in the wrong direction.

If only there were an overseas market for the lazy, indignant, entitlement minded masses we could make a killer dent in the trade deficit.

P.S.

OLBERMAN 2012!!!!
Get on board now!!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Bludgeon!

The wife retires this year so its time to move to TX- her family is down there along with our daughter, son-in-law and grandchild. Toss in that our son will be going to college in Austin and its time to go.

Except for 4 years in the Army I have lived in CT and I'm already feeling a bit sad over it. However, I will be very happy to get to a free state!

The only thing I trust that will happen in CT is our newly elected liberal leaders will bleed us dry to give them shineys away Toss in the anti-gun crowd and we will soon be like Mass, NY or NJ
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#9]
CT is like MA.  only difference is, CT has higher taxes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:49:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thats funny,

While we have our own issues we are no MA.

Taxes, I am sure that it depends on where you live just like in MA. Fairfleld County is very high. But I am in New Haven County and my taxes are way less than friends that live in MA, NJ and NY,

Our gun laws are also night and day. I have many standard cap mags and an SBR and just purchased my 4th and 5th suppressor. Can you say the same?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Nice try but you (MA) suck way more than us.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I own a few 30 rd. magazines....err....high capacity clips for my AR.  Also, I recently renewed my CCW.  

Still, Its a shame that two states so closely linked to the founding of this nation are so antithetical to the values that drove that founding.

I miss my home state of Utah.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks Bludgeon!

The wife retires this year so its time to move to TX- her family is down there along with our daughter, son-in-law and grandchild. Toss in that our son will be going to college in Austin and its time to go.

Except for 4 years in the Army I have lived in CT and I'm already feeling a bit sad over it. However, I will be very happy to get to a free state!

The only thing I trust that will happen in CT is our newly elected liberal leaders will bleed us dry to give them shineys away Toss in the anti-gun crowd and we will soon be like Mass, NY or NJ

Congrats man!  I would love to move back out that direction.

From what I have picked up from some of out Tx. based mambers the Austin area is closer to Ct. than civilized Tx. so hopefully the culture shock won't be too bad.

Good luck and feel free to ship up some warm weather every Jan/Feb.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats funny,
While we have our own issues we are no MA.
Taxes, I am sure that it depends on where you live just like in MA. Fairfleld County is very high. But I am in New Haven County and my taxes are way less than friends that live in MA, NJ and NY,
Our gun laws are also night and day. I have many standard cap mags and an SBR and just purchased my 4th and 5th suppressor. Can you say the same?
I've been listening to Howie Carr a lot lately.   MA is comically bad.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top