Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2011 1:40:37 PM EDT
I was on range duty this past Sunday at High Rock. We had a good turn out considering the weather. Just wondering if any of you were there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope........I have duty on Feb 5th in the morning. I am dreading the cold. I want to head up on member time but it's still too dam cold to bring all my stuff up there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was on range duty this past Sunday at High Rock. We had a good turn out considering the weather. Just wondering if any of you were there.

It always seems like there is a good turnout at highrock. Is there ever a slow time? I remember the days of being bored to death with very few shooters
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Slow times happen, you just can't predict them. I have had days with 4 hour waits and other days with only 3 ports shooting. You just never know.

Quoted:
Quoted:

It always seems like there is a good turnout at highrock. Is there ever a slow time? I remember the days of being bored to death with very few shooters

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I was there Saturday morning at 9:00AM. I was just me and two other guys that had come together.

I usually shoot at the Glastonbury Range, but they are closed for the cold months.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#5]
ive got to get back up there. i havent been there in a few months

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I have to get up there while its still cold, maybe I will actually get to shoot
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:38:11 AM EDT
[#7]
A guy I work with was there with a bunch of hardware. Still way too damn cold for me. See you guys in April.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I was there ! I took the firing portion of the pistol cert. class and then I brought my AR15 for everyone to shoot at the end.  I am not sure if my feet ever really thawed out from the cold though.  ugh
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Too fracking cold. Hands freeze, fingers hurt. I'll see you guys after april.

Maybe even setup a Forum shoot.

"CT's own Firearms Forum. WWW.CTGUNTALK.COM "
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I had my face stick to the 50 cal last year
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I had my face stick to the 50 cal last year

Coulda been worse!

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I was on 13 on Saturday morning.  Apologies to anyone who had to wait for my slog out to the 100 yard line.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have duty on Feb 5th in the morning. I am dreading the cold.

I willl be joining you for some winter fun doing am/pm range duty!
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Too fracking cold. Hands freeze, fingers hurt. I'll see you guys after april.

Maybe even setup a Forum shoot.

"CT's own Firearms Forum. WWW.CTGUNTALK.COM "

That would be fun. Although we might have WAY too many people lol. Would have to bring some grills and tailgate while some people shoot lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top