Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 5:41:49 PM EDT
Considering a move to Maine and just wondering if I can take my NFA class 3 toys with which are nothing more than aluminum tubes with baffles in them that attach to my firearms? thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
yes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

yes.

This.  I don't believe suppressors are allowed for hunting though.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:29:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Considering a move to Maine and just wondering if I can take my NFA class 3 toys with which are nothing more than aluminum tubes with baffles in them that attach to my firearms? thanks

ALL NFA is good to go here. no stupid semi-bans, no capacity restrictions, no "registration" schemes, no licenses or permits required for anything other than CCW, open carry is legal and does not require a permit, etc.

our gun laws are pretty good. the hunting regs are kinda strict, but that's a whole different thing.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:25:27 AM EDT
[#4]
You CAN however carry a concealed firearm during the regular firearms season on deer, even if you are a non-res!  That firearm can NOT be carried in your vehicle loaded however.  So get out, load up and holster, go hunt.  As to other guns, yes you can have SBR's, suppressors, Full auto, etc.  You cannot hunt with Suppressors or full auto, but I have yet to find ANY regulation pertaining to hunting with an SBR.  I SO want to build a .50Beowulf SBR for hunting!!!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:50:53 AM EDT
[#5]
It's been a while since I read the laws, and I don't hunt with semi-auto, but there is a 5 round mag law (for hunting)....I just can't remember if there is a barrel length or if it just exempts .22s and pistols.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:54:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I was curious, so I found it here.

Auto-loading firearm (a firearm which reloads itself after each shot and requires a separate trigger pull for each shot). It is unlawful to hunt with or possess for hunting any auto-loading firearm which has a magazine capacity of more than 5 cartridges*, unless the magazine has been permanently altered to contain not more than 5 cartridges. (Note: This provision does not apply to .22 caliber rimfire guns or to auto-loading pistols with barrel lengths of less than 8 inches). *Plus 1 in the chamber for a total of 6.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Considering the fact that Hiram Maxim was born in Sangerville, ME, it would be a travesty if the State of Maine prohibited one of the best inventions by one of their most famous native sons.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I install wood blocks in the base of the straight 20rd mags so they then hold 5rds of .50Beowulf.  The factory 4rd .50Beo mags suck for reliability and you can't put a Ranger Plate on them either, so I go with the longer mags but mod them to hold 5.  Got stopped one year at a ranger check station and they wanted to see our guns so we showed them our arsenal.  They were like WOW!!!  Hahahaha!  Between my .50Beo and my dad's Wild West Guns custom .457WWG rifle, they had some eye candy for sure.  I gave one of the officers a round of 50Beo and he was thrilled!  ANyways, I showed them the 5rd mags and they didn't even blink about it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks guys, didnt know Maxim was from Maine. I assumed he was a european from Sweden or England
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top