Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 3:56:30 PM EDT
I was looking on Bud Gun's web site. Their site states that they do not ship to CT. Can anyone comment why?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably because they don't want to accidentally ship an assault weapon into our state.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:41:46 AM EDT
[#2]
They will ship everything BUT semi auto rifles  Because 90% of the rifles they sell are NOT  ban compliant
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:21:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Probably because they don't want to accidentally ship an assault weapon into our state.

ya know, CT FFL's are allowed to have "assault weapons" in inventory.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:49:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they generally are not allowed to have AW's on invntory. There are some exemptions, but the genneral rule is NO.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they generally are not allowed to have AW's on invntory. There are some exemptions, but the genneral rule is NO.

Thats what I've heard at least, I wanted to get a Colt 6920 shipped from Tanners to JoJo's but they said no go. Since it was not an Ban Compliant.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#6]
It has to do with some of the interpretations of the regs. Unless they've changed their process,  AIM won't ship semi's here either, I don't believe.  Same with CAI, even C&R.  It's an incorrect interpretation, too, but their legal departments are anal about everything and don't want to run afoul of any of our laws.  It's been a long while but I do recall sending AIM a copy of the regs and an explanation but I don't recall, now, the pertinent paragraphs they were concerned with.  

Of course Sportsmen's Guide won't ship ANY knives to CT, either.  Shows you how stupid some of their interpretations can be!

Does anyone know if AIM or CAI have changed their policy toward CT.  Will SOG ship semi-autos here, either new or C&R?  At one time I thought they, too, were balking.

Rome
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what I've heard at least, I wanted to get a Colt 6920 shipped from Tanners to JoJo's but they said no go. Since it was not an Ban Compliant.

If they could ship upper and lower seperate and remove the stock from the lower they could do it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Does anyone know if AIM or CAI have changed their policy toward CT.  Will SOG ship semi-autos here, either new or C&R?  At one time I thought they, too, were balking.

Rome

AIM shipped my Romanian PSL to NGX about a year and a half ago.  that is the most recent data point that I have.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Thx for that.  They were one supplier who reviewed the regs and felt that semi-autos were ok, then.  

R
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#10]
When they had ban complient S&W15's for $719, I got the notification & ordered one.

Get the email the next day that they canceled the order. WTF, I called & they said even though it was ban complient, they don't care.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Remember, they're based in a state where the family trees don't fork all that much, sandwiched between West Virginia and Tennessee.

Speak with your wallet - don't give them a dime.  Several other dealers (such as AIM) had a "no shipping to CT" policy, but were open to discussion after taking the time to understand the ban and did not want to deny gun-loving, lawful residents from purchasing firearms.  If Bud's doesn't feel the same way, F them.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#12]
So how would I get a 6920, or more importantly a 6940 in CT?

I know all the major shops can make any rifle ban compliant.  Does it have to  come dissassembled first?  JoJo's hacked and pinned my upper to make it legal-schmegal, obviously before mounting it to the stag lower.

I know I can buy a 6940 upper only, which can be made compiant, but I want the horsey too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So how would I get a 6920, or more importantly a 6940 in CT?

I know all the major shops can make any rifle ban compliant.  Does it have to  come dissassembled first?  JoJo's hacked and pinned my upper to make it legal-schmegal, obviously before mounting it to the stag lower.

I know I can buy a 6940 upper only, which can be made compiant, but I want the horsey too.

The lower would have to come in seperate from the upper.  The lower would have to have the stock removed as it is the firearm and by having a collapsible stock and pistol grip on it would be in violation of the AWB by itself.  It would go directly to a shop where it would be made ban compliant and then transfered to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top