Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2009 8:08:43 PM EDT
I'm thinking of moving to CT from FL.

What from my NFA collection will I legally be able to bring into the state?

What from my 'typical' arfcom collection will I legally be able to bring into the state? S&W MP15T, Sig 556 folder 16" barrel, Beretta CX4, ZM L-300 16" folder, POF P-308 16.5", Glock 20, 21, 19, 26, 29 and G18 33 round mags and Kriss 30 round .45 mags, GSG-5PK pistol, HK USP Tactical .45, Beretta PX4 9mm, FN 5.7 Pistol...

What am I looking at?

I am keeping a home in FL so I don't have to bring it all but I like my stuff nearby...
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#1]
No Mag Restrictions.

Ct has an AWB. Check the tacked thread for in depth info.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The S&W MP15T will not be allowed because of the flash hider and the collapsible stock.

I just took delivery of an M&P15FT which is the "compliant" version of the 15T.

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 3:47:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The S&W MP15T will not be allowed because of the flash hider and the collapsible stock.

I just took delivery of an M&P15FT which is the "compliant" version of the 15T.

pin the stock and have a gunsmith remove the flash hider and solder on a muzzle brake and you are good to go on that one

Folding stocks are also a no go..

Here
A semi automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine can only have one of the following features

1) pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously below the action
2)flash hider or threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash hider (this counts as one feature even if the weapon has a threaded barrel and a flash hider)
3) Collapsible or folding stock
4) Grenade launcher (not like an M203 but like the one found on an SKS)
5) Bayonet lug.

Theese are banned by BRAND NAME AND MODEL NAME... not by anything else.

“Assault Weapon” are defined as:: Any selective-fire
firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or
burst fire at the option of the user or any of the following
specified semiautomatic firearms:
Algimec Agmi
; Armalite
AR-180;
Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol;
Auto
Ordnance Thompson type;
Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type;
Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1;
Beretta AR 70;
Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol;
Calico models
M-900, M-950 and 100-P;
Chartered Industries of
Singapore SR-88;
Colt AR-15 and Sporter;
Daewoo K-1,
K-2, Max-1 and Max-2;
Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45;
Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or RN/FNC;
FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT;
Federal XC-900 and XC-450;
Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12;
Galil AR and ARM;
Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High Tech Long Pistol;
Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK-93, HK-
94 and SP89;
Holmes MP-83; MAC-10, MAC-11 and
MAC-11 Carbine type;
Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion;
Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000;
Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only;
Scarab Skorpion;
SIG 57 AMT and 500 series;
Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol;
Springfield Armory BM-59. SAR-48 and G-3:
Sterling MK-6 and MK-7;
Steyr AUG;
Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns;
USAS-12;
UZI Carbine,Mini-Carbine and Pistol;
Weaver Arms Nighthawk;
Wilkinson “Linda” Pistol;
or a part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault
weapon that may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.
The term “assault weapon” does not include any firearm
modified to render it permanently inoperable.

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought NFA Class 3 weapons, okay at least MG's, were allowed in CT with BATFE's approval (form 4 or whatever would be appropriate for the individual/trust).

Is that not the case?
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought NFA Class 3 weapons, okay at least MG's, were allowed in CT with BATFE's approval (form 4 or whatever would be appropriate for the individual/trust).

Is that not the case?

Have to be converted to full auto only before coming into the state.

BTW, what part of CT are you going to?
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Does that me that they cannot fire semi? or burst?
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does that me that they cannot fire semi? or burst?

On the machineguns, you can have SAFE<––––––>BURST or SAFE<––––––––>AUTO. You definetely can't have SAFE-SEMI-AUTO/BURST. I have also been told (by one of the foremost SOTs in the state) that SAFE-BURST-AUTO would be a no-go as well.

SBR and SBS (and I guess AOW too) are all legal, but need to comply with our assault weapon ban. Remember that the legal definition of a Pistol in Connecticut is any firearm with a barrel less than 12 inches long. That means that if you have a <12 barrel on an SB semi-auto, you have to be even more careful about what features it has–– as it is possible for a particular firearm to concurrently be a rifle (or shotgun) and a pistol here.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is that not the case?

In addition to your federal registration, MACHINEGUNS also need to be registered with the state PD (annual letter) too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#9]
What would be the intent of a law not allowing semi-auto fire and full auto fire on the same weapon?

What are they attempting to achieve?

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that not the case?

Have to be converted to full auto only before coming into the state.

BTW, what part of CT are you going to?

Someplace expensive...the blonde is picking the new homestead...

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:13:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What would be the intent of a law not allowing semi-auto fire and full auto fire on the same weapon?

The law makers in CT are a bunch of fucking retards. They banned most Colt AR's, they are MADE in CT.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:14:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that not the case?

In addition to your federal registration, MACHINEGUNS also need to be registered with the state PD (annual letter) too.

What is this letter you speak of, I haven't heard of this.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:20:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The law makers in CT are a bunch of fucking retards. They banned most Colt AR's, they are MADE in CT.

They're not stopping there - by the time they're done there will be ZERO industry in CT because in their wacked-out minds, they want the whole state turned into "Hollywood East."  I just wish that Colt, Marlin, Mossberg, Stag and the others would put their money where their mouth is and get the F out of here.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:33:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that not the case?

FA must be registered with the CT State Police. Every year (I think the due date is 01JUL but dont quoate me on that) you must send a letter to the state detailing what weapons you still have, what new ones you got, and what ones you had but got rid of. Failure to do this is a crime.

Also I thought burst fire of any kind was also prohibitied in this state. My understanding is happy switches can only be SAFE - FULL
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that not the case?

FA must be registered with the CT State Police. Every year (I think the due date is 01JUL but dont quoate me on that) you must send a letter to the state detailing what weapons you still have, what new ones you got, and what ones you had but got rid of. Failure to do this is a crime.

Also I thought burst fire of any kind was also prohibitied in this state. My understanding is happy switches can only be SAFE - FULL

Full auto only, can't have select fire any more. Can't remember when they changed the law

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I know this is a little off-topic, but What states require the whole rifle to manufactured as a preban? I've heard this before on the site but wasn't sure.

I know Ct only the lower is considered the gun part ie. Preban.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Stay away. you wont be happy here.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Stay away. you wont be happy here.

Fuck that,the more pro gun people here the better .
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#19]
From that pic in your avatar I'm guessing you're a Porsche guy.  If you move anywhere near me I can point you in the direction of my PCA friends.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:40:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
From that pic in your avatar I'm guessing you're a Porsche guy.  If you move anywhere near me I can point you in the direction of my PCA friends.

Good catch on the av photo. I've got a 2007 911 Turbo and I've ordered a 2011 Turbo (the next new model) but I'm not sure if I'll take delivery...
I've got a deposit on the next series GT2 without even knowing if they'll make one. As you can tell, I'm as addicted to Porsche as I am to EBR's.

Are fast cars illegal in CT, too?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good catch on the av photo. I've got a 2007 911 Turbo and I've ordered a 2011 Turbo (the next new model) but I'm not sure if I'll take delivery...
I've got a deposit on the next series GT2 without even knowing if they'll make one. As you can tell, I'm as addicted to Porsche as I am to EBR's.

Nope...  

See the Lime Rock web site for example...

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My friend just got the 2010 GT3 this summer in Nordic Gold.  That car is unreal with N/A so I can only imagine what the GT2 is like.  My dream car is still an '97 or '98 993 C2S.  Always been a favorite of mine.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#23]
If you do end up here, be sure to make it to the ALMS series at Lime Rock next summer. As for the P-cars, I am envious. Like builder, I could go for a 993, but I'd rather a Turbo than a C2S. 996 Turbos are really dropping in price, but I'm not too fond of the aesthetics. 997s are win!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My friend just got the 2010 GT3 this summer in Nordic Gold.  That car is unreal with N/A so I can only imagine what the GT2 is like.  My dream car is still an '97 or '98 993 C2S.  Always been a favorite of mine.

A 2010 GT..freaking..3?...NICE!

I'm putting the 2007 Turbo in the showroom of a friends dealership and waiting for the 2011 to come out. If I move to CT I'll definately have the $$$ to buy it, if I don't move...its struggle some more in the FL economy...not easy but I've been here a while and can figure it out.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all!

Guess I'll see `ya at limerock

CT is great.  Especially so if you have the means to enjoy it and can make your own living.  I have no idea of what you are looking for in the new location, but CT does have something for everyone.  Of course every state has it's downside too.  

Did I miss where in the state you would be looking at moving to?  Fairfield is a totally different world than the rest of the state.  For good and bad of course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top