Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2009 5:19:32 AM EDT
I just noticed a little plaque on the outside of a local Wachovia Bank branch (lower ffld county).

It is not very prominent - it is a silver plaque placed on the side of the entrance.  the sign has symbols for "no guns, no smoking, no soliciation"

I'll post a pic of the sign later.

Be careful guys.  The sign is very easy to miss.

I plan to voice my displeasure with the bank over this policy shortly.

If anyone wants to get into a letter writing campaign, let's get it organized.

-slut
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure that sign will make any potential bank robbers just give up in abject dejection and walk away.

I'll still carry into the bank- with a CCW who will know?
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:48:14 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC it is a crime to carry a gun into a posted place in CT.

The law isn't terribly clear on how conspicuous the sign should be ...

Just an FYI.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:28:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The corporate lawyers make them put it up and from what I have been told, it's geared to press additional charges against bank robbers and not against licensed individuals who are bank customers.  Also, not all branches have the signage.  I would still not encourage anyone to open carry into a bank, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#4]
the sign wouldnt stop me... but i mostly use the drive through.

also, almost all malls, theme parks, etc have signs somewhere stating that, and i had to search the sign of small print at the wtby mall to find where it would say no guns (and it does) but i'm sure that doesnt stop people
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought it was against the law to carry a gun in to a bank in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#7]
isn't it only a tresspass thing, like they will ask you to leave and if you don't then it is a crime? It's not a felony is it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I thought it was against the law to carry a gun in to a bank in the first place.

Not unless it's the Federal Reserve.  Of course a state could have specific laws about not carrying in a bank/financial institution, but there aren't any that I know of off the top of my head.

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't ask,don't tell .
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Fuck that!  Going to the bank is probably the #3 reason that I CCW.

CT it is only illegal if the place is a state or federal building or if it is a school (and even that has some grey areas).

Oddly enough it is states like Texas and Arkansas that has laws like no ccw in churches or bars.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#11]
My banker notorized my permit, her statement to me was if I carried in any of their branches just keep it concealed "out of sight, out of mind". Impression I got from her was they don't like guns but respect law abiding members of the public.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top