User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2009 3:37:02 PM EDT
http://www.wmtw.com/family/21439625/detail.html

Maine Governor: Vote For Gay Marriage
Baldacci Made Announcement Tuesday
POSTED: 1:46 pm EDT October 27, 2009
UPDATED: 2:21 pm EDT October 27, 2009

BANGOR, Maine –– Acknowledging his past opposition to gay marriages, Gov. John Baldacci is urging Mainers to vote against the ballot proposal to repeal the state's same-sex marriage law.

Speaking in Bangor, Baldacci on Tuesday said he once preferred civil unions to gay marriages. But he said he came to believe a civil union is not equal to civil marriage. He signed the gay marriage bill into law last May.

Maine voters will cast ballots on Tuesday on whether to repeal the state's gay marriage law, which was passed by the Legislature earlier this year.

The governor also said same sex marriage is an emotional issue - and there are good, honest people on both sides of the question.

Baldacci was joined by members of the Vote No campaign.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The jackass is out next year...
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:22:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeh no crap.  He's done.  We NEED to get rid of him.  I am sick of all these special groups mushing everything together rather than creating their own identity.  Everyone should be equal cause we're all human beings, but marriage is between a man and a woman, period.  Civil union, fine.  I red a very well written treatise on this subject at church sunday and they likened it to the equal rights feminist movement.  Women wanted to be the same as men and be treated the same and everything.  Well, women AREN'T the same and have their own identity and needs.  EQUAL rights, yes, but SPECIAL rights?  NO!  I mean let's be real, if my ass is about to get burned in a fire I don't want some chick coming in and radioing to the guys below that she isn't strong enough to drag my fat ass out of the burning building!  Send in the people, whoever they are, who can do the job right the first time.  I don't give a crap what color they are or gender or whatever, just make sure they can do the frigging job!  

OK, that was way off track, but I don't have enough coffee in me yet today...

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:22:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't think you had "them" up there
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:48:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I couldn't believe this moron got reelected last time.  Thank god he can't do it again, maybe we can get somebody in there with a brain.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I couldn't believe this moron got reelected last time.  Thank god he can't do it again, maybe we can get somebody in there with a brain.

The only reason he got re-elected was because the two other candidates, both conservative but running as a Republican and an Independant, split the vote.

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only reason he got re-elected was because the two other candidates, both conservative but running as a Republican and an Independant, split the vote.

I voted for Woodcock. I don't think the state would be in such poor shape financially if he'd won the election.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandler_Woodcock
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone got any of the Republicans to watch out for this coming election?  Or predictions of who may in the top running for the candidacy?
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#8]
None yet. I'm keeping my eyes peeled.
At least nobody's touched my "Yes on One" sign yet
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#9]
He just has not come out of the closet yet!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He just has not come out of the closet yet!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#11]
just got done voting.....ready for it to be over.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:29:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, that was certainly a slap in the face for Baldacci and a certain vocal MINORITY.  Should be a wake up call for the RINO girls about the mindset of Mainers, but they're probably too arrogant and not swift enough to realize it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/05/us/politics/05maine.html
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#13]
What would it hurt for the gays to be allowed to marry?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#14]
What the hell...I say the more .gov is out of our lives, the better. If two dudes want to get married, LET THEM GET MARRIED. Let them be miserable like the rest of us
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:40:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What the hell...I say the more .gov is out of our lives, the better. If two dudes want to get married, LET THEM GET MARRIED. Let them be miserable like the rest of us

+1 on both points

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top