Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2009 6:00:58 PM EDT

Coming home aprox 8:45pm southbound RT8 from Naugatuck I was passed by approx 12 local & state police vehicles running full code.
When I arrived where they pulled over in Seymour they were all on the side of the road. The rest of the way at almost every exit
there was a local or state cruiser staged  with it's lights off!

Anyone know what went down?
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 6/3/2009 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Anyone know what went down?

Sounds like a motorcade.  Someone important must have landed at OXC.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps this:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_cty/news_wtnh_waterbury_police_pursuit_kidnapping_200906032125_rev1

Kidnapping and pursuit
out of Waterbury

Updated: Wednesday, 03 Jun 2009, 10:36 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 03 Jun 2009, 9:26 PM EDT

Waterbury (WTNH) - There there are reports of a kidnapping and pursuit in Waterbury.

State Police revealed to News Channel 8 that a pursuit, involving local police, went down Route 8 for some time before the suspect entered state police territory.

There is no word right now on where that pursuit has led to or if anyone has been captured or injured.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 1:50:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Blaster,

I do not own a TV so i would have never found out!
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks Blaster,

That phrase is my idea of what Hell is
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Blaster,

Hell is having an awesome 46" Sony and your wife watching Iron Chef, Hell's Kitchen, America's Next Top Model and Real World/Road Rules all of the time.

Trust me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks Blaster,

Hell is having an awesome 46" Sony and your wife watching Iron Chef, Hell's Kitchen, America's Next Top Model and Real World/Road Rules all of the time.

Trust me.

You forgot to mention the Housewives of  (New York, Orange County or where ever else they find stuck-up trash)
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I just drove by there at 10 pm, there had to be 20 emergency vehicles of some sore just off of exit 21. Looked like a car up on the side of the road, seemed excessive for an accident
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 4:26:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks Blaster,

you get used to it

It is NOT a bad thing at all.  And after a while, when you do see TV, you understand why your grandparents called it "the idiot box"

We have a TV, just no cable, and don't bother watching over the air broadcasts much.  We are just too busy in general / never home.

But when we do watch something on broadcast TV, we do get it in HD (HD-OTA) and it is even sharper than HD-cable.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#10]
was this a kidnapping of the KRISPY KREME DONUT truck?

that sucks man..
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top