Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#2]
^ What he said.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
does the GSG fall under the assault weapons ban.   I was thinking about SBRing it but can I wouldn't be able to put a suppressor on it would I?  doesn't it count as a flash hider.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
SBRing anything that is not preban is a complete waste in CT.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:20:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
does the GSG fall under the assault weapons ban.   I was thinking about SBRing it but can I wouldn't be able to put a suppressor on it would I?  doesn't it count as a flash hider.

You could SBR it....... but adding the suppressor would add two evil features..... threaded barrel and flash hider.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
SBRing anything that is not preban is a complete waste in CT.

why do you say that?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:07:53 AM EDT
[#7]
What he means is that SBR'ing without a folding/collapsible stock sucks.

You can buy short aftermarkets (like the ACE entry model or ultralite) and pull it off though.

Getting a QD type attachment for a suppressor is the way to go. You're gonna spend some $.

Preban is easier, cheaper, and evil-feature-able .
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What he means is that SBR'ing without a folding/collapsible stock sucks.

You can buy short aftermarkets (like the ACE entry model or ultralite) and pull it off though.

Getting a QD type attachment for a suppressor is the way to go. You're gonna spend some $.

Preban is easier, cheaper, and evil-feature-able .

Exactly,

Your evil feature count on any AR is 2 right off the bat. (pistol grip, magazine fed) So on a post ban, you could make the barrel shorter and make it an SBR. Since you cant add a supressor or any other evil feature = waste of effort IMO. Get a preban and you can do whatever you want.

Speaking of prebans I have 2 for sale
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top