Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2008 5:49:30 PM EDT
I think I saw it on here before but I can't find it.  my brother wants to get a preban receiver to build an SBR with a can and my bun shop here in AZ has a few pre 94 in stock, one is a sorter which i know is baned by name but I need to know what the others are.  these guns are on consignment from a fellow who has an endless safe full of them, all unfired NIB basically.  anyone else interested in one?  he also has CT legal uppers with the pinned break and no bayo lug 700 i think.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
No Colt AR15s.  No Colt Sporters.

Hmm, pre-94 lowers...?  Do tell, as I am sure some guys here would be happy to take them off your local guy's hands.

Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
so as long as the receiver doesn't say "Sporter" or AR15 it's good to go?  the one i had in my hands said Sporter on it but the guy has more from what ben has told me.  if i give out the gun shops website or phone number will that be ok and not advertising?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
so as long as the receiver doesn't say "Sporter" or AR15 it's good to go?  the one i had in my hands said Sporter on it but the guy has more from what ben has told me.  if i give out the gun shops website or phone number will that be ok and not advertising?

It should be fine.  No different then posting in the local gunshop thread or giving the name of a store you've had positive dealings with.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be interested in a non Colt pre ban lower
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
www.foothillsfirearms.com  owners name is Ben, he's a real great guy who won't try and sell you crap or tell you what ever he needs to to sell something.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't get it. The conn legislature specificly made a law that says that a pre 1994 AR15 with a bayo lug, collapsible stock and flash hider is legal to own as long as it doesn't say Colt on it?

Why did they single out Colt?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't get it. The conn legislature specifically made a law that says that a pre 1994 AR15 with a bayo lug, collapsible stock and flash hider is legal to own as long as it doesn't say Colt on it?

They specifically banned the "Colt AR15" and the "Colt Sporter" models.  They didn't just ban rifles that said Colt on them.  It was model specific.  Remember, there were not as many brands of the AR rifle as there are today.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:27:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't get it. The conn legislature specificly made a law that says that a pre 1994 AR15 with a bayo lug, collapsible stock and flash hider is legal to own as long as it doesn't say Colt on it?

Because the CT legislators are fucking retards. They probably banned it by name because it was the only one they knew the name of because Colt is MADE in CT. How stupid is that, to ban something made in your own state.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:48:20 AM EDT
[#9]
HAHAHAHA i seccond that statment.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:09:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the CT legislators are fucking retards. They probably banned it by name because it was the only one they knew the name of because Colt is MADE in CT. How stupid is that, to ban something made in your own state.

This is probably true as well.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:30:35 AM EDT
[#11]
The List:

Algimec Agmi
Armalite AR-180
Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol
Auto-Ordnance Thompson type
Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type
Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1
Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol
Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P
Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88
Colt AR-15 and Sporter
Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2
Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45
Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FN/FNC
FAMAS MAS 223
Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT
Federal XC-900 and XC-450
Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12
Galil AR and ARM
Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High-Tech Long Pistol
Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK-93, HK-94 and SP-89
Holmes MP-83
MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type
Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion
Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000
Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only
Scarab Skorpion
SIG 57 AMT and 500 series
Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol
Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G-3
Sterling MK-6 and MK-7
Steyr AUG
Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns
USAS-12; UZI Carbine, Mini-Carbine and Pistol
Weaver Arms Nighthawk
Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:24:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you go back to the beginning of the ban the state of CT actually OWNED part of Colt and Banned their own product. Go figure.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#13]
"MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type"
so does that mean the pistol ones are ok?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type"
so does that mean the pistol ones are ok?

The fact that "MAC-11" is listed twice, with and without "Carbine type" suggests that it is inclusive of both the pistol and carbine version. I think they got all bases covered with that one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top