Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2008 5:06:02 PM EDT
Hey everybody.  I just got back this weekend from upstate NY where I took a buddy of mine and went shooting.  After shooting a couple of my AR's he has decided he wants to put  one of his own together.  So this saturday I was hoping to take him to a store to pick out a lower receiver.  I believe his father is coming with us to so that he can take a look see around.  Both of them are new to ARs and I was wondering where you reccomend going for a shop that has a good selection of built rifles and decent prices but more importantly where the employees aren't A-holes.  I've bought from forest and field before as well as Hoffmans and despite the fact that I walked in and laid out cash they still treated me like a piece of garbage.  I plan on grabbing a few lowers while I'm there for myself too, but was just wondering what you all thought.  I was thinking JoJos because I've never been there but I also didn't know what there inventory was like since their website talks more about their gunsmithing than sales.

Thanks in advance,
Steve.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
GO TO JOJOS THERE THE ABSOLUTE BEST<<<
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
They have quite a lot as far as AR parts and assy's
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I go to Newington Gun Exchange for everything I need.  Even if I don't buy anything, the Chinese shack next door gets me a cheap lunch.

- BG
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:46:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Cant go wrong with NGX or JoJo's, just stay away from hoffmans.......
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:04:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I go to Newington Gun Exchange for everything I need.  Even if I don't buy anything, the Chinese shack next door gets me a cheap lunch.

- BG

There is much wisdom in this post.  Especially the second half.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:08:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Go to JOJO's. Your buddy should be able to walk out with everything he needs to build an AR. I was there last week and there was stripped uppers and lowers in stock...Stag I think.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#7]
If I was just looking to build a custom AR, then JoJo's would be my first and only shop.

If I was looking for a wide selection of new/used pistols & long guns, Newington Gun would be my first stop.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Despite the food option..... I think I'm going to give JoJos a try.  I'll be about 15 minutes away at the steel supplier so that should work out perfectly    Thanks a lot for the opinions guys.  

-Steve
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#9]
When my son was home on leave (he lives in TX) he went back home with a bunch of AR stuff from JOJO's. He knows his AR's and he likes JOJO's. I think they are a Brownells supplier now too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey guys.  Another satisfied JoJos customer here.  My buddy ended up with a 16 inch stag with rails and flip up irons that he's hopefully going to put an eotech on soon.  I walked in looking for a scattergun and ended up leaving with a debit card bill and my first form 4.  I'll setup an appointment this week at the police station and see how it goes  

-steve
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#11]
JoJo's should have everything you need
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top