BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 1:06:20 PM EDT
Thought this deserved a new thread.

Town of Wallingford and gun range hit with lawsuit

By News Channel 8's Crystal Haynes
Posted June 04, 2008
4:40 PM

Wallingford (WTNH) _ Changes are being made to a Wallingford gun range just as owners are hit with a lawsuit from a concerned neighbor.

The sound of shots fired at the nearby Blue Trail range doesn't bother Pat Dinatale. However,
the stray bullets, that he claims are coming from the range and hitting his home, are another story.

"We're not talking about a paintball gun. We're taking about bullets," Pat Dinatale, a homeowner, said. "Large caliber bullets coming over the hill and people are going to die."

News Channel 8 followed Dinatale and his neighbors into the wooded area on his property, earlier this month, to find dozens of shells. Dinatale says each one was motivation to file a lawsuit against the range, and the town of Wallingford, Wednesday morning.

"The ulterior motive is to stop the bullets from coming over the hill," Dinatale said. "Nothing else, period."

Blue Trail contends the bullets are not coming from the range. But, they still closed the range indefinitely while it completes new safety measures. They are now sitting down with the DEP and the NRA on what those should be.

"We are in agreement all the way around as to making sure that we've reached the utmost safety procedures," David Lyman, owner of the Blue Trail Range, said.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to wonder if this guy is out to shut down the range because he doesn't like the noise (kudos on buying land without considering there was a range nearby, Pat!) or if he's just plain ignorant and actually thinks the rounds are coming from the range. I like how they're finding casings in the woods between the house and the range and still using them to support the anti-Blue Trail argument. Hint: the casings are not the projectile. They usually land within feet of the source. I particularly liked the "cannon round" they found. REMEMBER: People will die!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
"News Channel 8 followed Dinatale and his neighbors into the wooded area on his property, earlier this month, to find dozens of shells."

Exhibit "A":  

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Shells? In the woods nearby his home?

This is starting to remind me of that Iraqi woman who claimed US troops shot up her house and held two pristine 5.56mm cartridges as evidence.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Those sir........ look to be high capacity salt water shells. I think those are only available to the LEO dive teams on CT shorelines.

To find those in the woods would have to be near impossible. Of coarse the we got a northeaster at the same time one of those were shot into the air, they perhaps maybe be able to reach inland of 30 miles... so it is possible!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's the link. Realize the ignorance of the media as they say shells, they are holding a handful of bullets. BTW a lot of the footage from this story is the same footage from last months story. Also, the bullets they are showing (now with the important part edited out) were picked up off the berm of the 200 yard range.

www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=8432275
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Shells? In the woods nearby his home?

This is starting to remind me of that Iraqi woman who claimed US troops shot up her house and held two pristine 5.56mm cartridges as evidence.

I think somone already tried that about 4 or 5 years ago in Wallingford... Who knows , Might have been this asshole. I seem to remember something about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top