113 ETHAN ALLEN ROAD
              JERICHO, VERMONT  05465-9706

Range Fee: None

When: July 19-20, 2008

Camping Available:  Yes, Primitive. Cost is free. Can camp Friday evening as
well.

Hotels: Yes, numerous, check Burlington, VT listings

Directions:   www.vsrpa.org/Directions_to_Ethan_Allen_Firing_Range.pdf

State Laws to be aware of: (Disclaimer: we attempt to tell you the most important ones, mag size etc. but you are required to check for yourself) No silencers are allowed in VT. Loaded rifles and shotguns are not allowed in vehicles.

Range Rules: No loaded firearms on the range unless on the firing line and load command has been given. Numerous other rules, TBA in the Safety Briefing. 25 mph speed limit on facility

Misc:

Maximum Shooting Distance Available: 600 yards Max. capacity of the range: We
could easily put 50+ shooters at 25 meters. Full Distance is limited to 19 points. We do Full Distance by relays.

Range Rules:   No loaded firearms on the range unless on the firing line and load command has been given. Numerous other rules, TBA in the Safety Briefing. 25 mph speed limit on facility

Who to contact for more information:   Nickle right here at this forum. Post your question in the thread, or shoot me a PM.

Link to Register: www.eventbrite.com/event/95541768

THis was a BLAST last year, and should be again. We got all the way out to 600 yards.
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting this Nickle, with luck I will be able to make it this year.
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
TimJ doesn't have this tacked yet?
Is he sleeping?
This has been posted for at least half a day.
I love you TimJ.

sk
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/16/2008 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
TimJ doesn't have this tacked yet?
Is he sleeping?
This has been posted for at least half a day.
I love you TimJ.

sk

Nah, he was too busy dreaming about coming up again.

Can't say as I blame him.
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 1:17:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome...I am going to do my best to recruit some folks for this one, Nickle!
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 4:30:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Flyers should be at the Morrisville Gun Show, if you're going.

I won't be there, but Ira is going to hopefully have them on the table. Grab one, and maybe get some copies out. I'll be in NH at an RSO course.

The local flyer is slightly different than the web version, as my phone # is on the local one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you guys get any assistance from the guard side? or is this strictly civilian?

Maybe I'll take my Pop up to this
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I won't be there, but Ira is going to hopefully have them on the table. Grab one, and maybe get some copies out. I'll be in NH at an RSO course.

The local flyer is slightly different than the web version, as my phone # is on the local one.

When and where (what building) is the gunshow in Morrisville gonna be at and how many tables?   Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/8/2008 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When and where (what building) is the gunshow in Morrisville gonna be at and how many tables?   Thanks!

The local school (IIRC, the name is Copley). Right in Morrisville, ask directions or follow the signs from the intersection of VT 100 and VT 12.
Link Posted: 3/8/2008 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Do you guys get any assistance from the guard side? or is this strictly civilian?

Maybe I'll take my Pop up to this

Well, it is tachnically strictly civilian. But, seeing that one of Instructors for that event is in the VT Army Guard, and it is on a VT Army Guard installation, yeah, we get assistance in kind, sort of. But, we get NO financial assistance from the Guard. Just support for a good program. We let military (active duty, Guard, Reservists) attend free, so they basically return the favor, and let us the facility free.

Of course, some states, like Michigan, want an outrageous price for use of their ranges. Something like $800 a day. We don't go there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2008 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a great time last October with you guys.  My shooting improved, and it was nice to meet fellow AR15.com'ers.  

Hope to be at this one too.  

Thank for doing this again Nickle!!

Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#13]
hey nickle

I didn't stay for the second day last year. How many rounds do i need for the second long distance shooting. I will be there and drag my cousin and probably a friend or two.

Link Posted: 4/1/2008 5:38:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
hey nickle

I didn't stay for the second day last year. How many rounds do i need for the second long distance shooting. I will be there and drag my cousin and probably a friend or two.

You're going to want 500 rounds for the weekend, you can do most of the course with a .22 rifle.

If you do the .22, then you'll still want 500 rounds for it, plus 200 rounds of centerfire ammo (or maybe up to 250 rounds would be better).

Yes, if you follow these guidelines, you should have a little ammo left over, which is far better than running out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm up for this one Nickle.  As far as the center fire ammo goes, do we get to police our brass after?  I want to bring home my brass as you know I'm a reloader.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#16]
BH,

Everyone is encouraged to clean up their brass.
You may want a vertical screen/net... to keep them close
(And off the skin of the shooter next to you)
Those result in called flyers. Ouch.
I used a cooler and a few bounced back and got me.
See you there.

sk
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Roger that RS!  .223 brass is HOT!!!  
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh, yeah, we do have to police the brass to clear the range.

Any reloaders (or anybody) will be able to police their brass before moving to the next berm. It doesn't take long to do anyways.
Link Posted: 5/2/2008 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like fun :)
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Thinking about attending, but aren't sure whether I want to do one day or two days.  What will I get on the 2nd day that I won't get on the first?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds good! I love the idea of being able to get off looong shots! All I'll need to bring is approx 500 rnds of ammo, and the ticket fees? Will I need to register ahead of time, or will I be able to do that when I get there? Are there any other activities?
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 5:15:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Registration link is in the first post of this thread. You can register ahead of time or register at the "door"

I am not sure that there is anything else going on like an organized  trip to Burlington or whatnot. I think most that come from a distance camp out on range for the night.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm the Shoot Boss for the event, and I will be almost certainly be camping there at night.

No special "events" planned, but it should be a good time, and you'll be busy enough that you'll be tired at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 4:57:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a few questions.  What about chow cook or bring your own or is the chow hall open to us.  Also I am new to this Appleseed program what do you do or teach.  any links or help would be great.

Thanks  
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#26]
ohmar,

Chow:  There is USUALLY someone grilling something and a donation bucket.
(Bring your own stuff as backup)

Check out appleseedinfo.org.
We'll teach you how to get hits on man-sized targets out to 500 yards
with a rack-grade rifle, iron sights, surplus ammo, and a sling. (600 yds at Jericho)
We'll show you part of your rifleman heritage.
You'll go away from the shoot with the tools to shoot better
and teach others the same techniques.
Check out the website.
There's a LOT of information there.
Most of the course can be done with a .22 rimfire.  (All but the longer stuff)
We hope to see you there.

sk
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:57:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow what a great time a friend of mine and I had at this event.  We were only there for Saturday but we learned alot.  And, I made Rifleman at 25 yards!  Yeehaw!!  Next time I really gotta do the long range event.  I would be there today if it weren't for family obligations but that's the way it goes LOL!  If anybody here wanted to go to this but didn't make it, I strongly suggest you try to make the next one.  I think it's in Proctor sometime in September.  See you on the range! :)

And a HUGE THANKS to "theskuh" for loaning me his 10/22.  Let it be known that this guy can build a great gun!  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#30]

And a HUGE THANKS to "theskuh" for loaning me his 10/22. Let it be known that this guy can build a great gun!

Not a problem I call it the flyswatter. I know this gun with a decent shooter (.25" at 25m) and should do rifleman every time with a good shooter behind the trigger. It took down 11 flies at the 25m target at my range this week. They are my favorite plinking target. I think I gut shot this one

I wish I could have shot as well as you did with it. We only got to do one rapid fire aqt today and I shot 197.
I think if I just had one more shot at it I would have hit rifleman. I had a couple fliers on the bottom row. I didn't shoot with it yesterday and only shot 10 rounds before the rapid fire so it was a bit different than the AR's I had been using and I think I got a bit overconfident as well.

We only got to shoot to 400 yards today which was great. But the pouring rain and late start really slowed/gummed/messed things up. I think I will try again in proctor to get rifleman. I really want to thank Scout for catching a lot of my problems. He helped me with some trigger issues and I ended up putting 6/10 shots inside the 1 inch square with my 9mm ar with irons. If I shoot 10 from a bench rest with that gun that is about what i hit. It really made me feel like I was making progress. I will give some aqt's a shot at the range to practice. I would really like to get rifleman with irons/ rack grade rifle/ ball ammo but it is so damn hard.

I did miss TimJ and some of the .Mil and contractors that were there last year. Though I met a lot of good people and had a great time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top