Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 4:50:51 AM EDT
I am seriously considering becoming a Police Officer in Maine. In order to do so, I need to pass the ALERT exam, and the necessary physical requirements, and then submit an application to the local PD. If interested, they would send me on to the Maine Criminal Justice Academy.

My only problem is this: I can't seem to find very much info on the ALERT exam. I don't know if it requires basic knowledge of law enforcement, or what. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks for any help or advice.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:08:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am seriously considering becoming a Police Officer in Maine. In order to do so, I need to pass the ALERT exam, and the necessary physical requirements, and then submit an application to the local PD. If interested, they would send me on to the Maine Criminal Justice Academy.

My only problem is this: I can't seem to find very much info on the ALERT exam. I don't know if it requires basic knowledge of law enforcement, or what. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks for any help or advice.

the "exam" is a bunch of questions that test for common sense, AND test to see if / how you would react in certain situations.

i took it a couple years ago. it is very easy.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#2]
It's been about 12 years for me since i took it, but Bully is right on the nose.

Here's an excerpt from the MCJA preservice application process:

The test is given at the MCJA campus the first and third Wednesday of each month at 8:15 a.m.  It is also available in South Portland.  Call 877-8000 MCJA, or 799-9564 to schedule an appointment.  A $40 fee and photo ID are required.

The ALERT test is a reading comprehension and writing skills test based upon the level required to master the MCJA Basic School Curriculum.

Hope that helps, and best of luck to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top