Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2007 12:53:44 PM EDT
Hey guys,

so im going hunting with my fiances dad on wed deer hunting.  Im from NY but he has a bunch of property up outside of Pittsfield.  I assume i need a permit, but i have a question, ive never gone hunting before, therefore i havent done a hunter safety course yet.  is it required for the permit???  Im guessing the class is like any other kinda firearm class, know where ur shooting and whats beyond it, etc.but im just guessing.  honestly, i dont think ill be shooting anything, just going with him to hang out.  

thanks for the help

Teakyman
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#1]
No hunter safety course/non resident hunting license/deer tags! Sounds like you ain't going hunting.....................Legally that is!

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
i was kinda afraid that i wasnt able to get a permit and tags without the course, even though im goin on his propertly....damn alright thanks

damn, called the wildlife management office up in mass....looks like im SOL.  oh well, there is always next year
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top