Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:40:22 AM EDT
just windering if anyone has heard about any info about the gun ban in mass. any talk about it being lifted at all and so forth. also loking for a good place to get a pree ban g30-21

thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know much specific about the Glock ban.  However, it probably has something to do with required chamber indicators or something else technical.  Even S&W got caught in that mess and can't sell some of what they make in their own state.  Kinda like Colt not being able to sell the AR15 sporter in Connecticut.  Dumb laws.

Regarding a "lifting" or change to any regs in MA?  Well even if there was an impetus to do that by some conservative, pro-gun legislator, you can just about bet the farm that it wouldn't go anyplace.  The reason is that if......and we're talking about an impossible "IF"....it were to pass both the house and senate, Mitt Romney, the governor, would not sign it.  He is a terrible supporter of gun rights.  I know this because I once called to speak with him on Howie Carr's show when he was running.  I got to ask him if he would help the sportsmen and collectors in Mass eliminate the onerous gun laws that MASS currently had on the books and he flatly said, NO.  He clearly stated that he felt that the gun laws were just fine as they were and had no intention of trying to overturn or reduce them.  This is coming from a Republican conservative, too.  Now, he's not going to run again as he has his eye on the presidency.  Frankly, I don't think he's all that great especially from this one issue.  He's truly a whimpy "moderate" is so many things.

So, until MASS elects a true pro-gun gov, you can only see the laws in that state continuing to tighten down on the law abiding citizen who like to shoot, in my very humble opinion.  I live in CT, btw, but right on the border so I'm always interesting in what's happening next door.

Rome
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Glocks are legal in Ma... you need to get a refurbished one.... Learn your state laws man...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
HEY PAL I KNOW ABOUT THE PRE 10/21.98 GLOCKS I WAS WONDERING ABOUT NEW GLOCK MODELS WITH THE FINGER GRIP BUT THANKS FOR THE INSULTS ANYWAY BOSS
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
HEY PAL I KNOW ABOUT THE PRE 10/21.98 GLOCKS I WAS WONDERING ABOUT NEW GLOCK MODELS WITH THE FINGER GRIP BUT THANKS FOR THE INSULTS ANYWAY BOSS

typical MA attitude
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

easy, Francis.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:38:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
just windering if anyone has heard about any info about the gun ban in mass. any talk about it being lifted at all and so forth.

I seriously doubt it.

also loking for a good place to get a pree ban g30-21

thanks guys

Check out Zero Hour Arms in Bridgewater.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top