Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 10:53:10 AM EDT
Hi all, I saw these guys at the big E show. The club looks to be very well rounded w/ a 300yd rifle range. Before I send in an application I was hoping to get some feed  back on any experiences people have had with this club. hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#1]
if you live in CT, joining a Mass shooting club is a major waste of time, as the only legal way for you to shoot your own guns in Mass is at a competition.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#2]
HMM, are you sure on that?? Granted I have a non res MA LTC class A (high cap) for the pistolas, but I was under the impression that you could transport long guns to and fro' any range or competition.   http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-129c.htm     This link explains that any non resident of mass can transport long guns and ammo (properly secured) in Ma.  Check out  letters  G and H.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
towgunner is right.

NR MA LTC-A allows you to carry or bring long guns or handguns into MA for any legal reason you'd like!

HOWEVER, be aware that our AWB (old Fed ban) and ban on hi-cap mags newer than 9/13/94 STILL APPLIES to visitors too! It is a major felony to bring any stuff into MA for any reason if it is "banned" by our permanent bans (old Fed AWB/hi-cap ban). There are no exceptions to this.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
quick question for you. What is your knowledge on renewal of my non res LTC. It needs renewing every year and is coming up in May. To your knowledge do they send out renewal notices or do I have to take initiative? And CT still has the same AWB so no wories there either.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
quick question for you. What is your knowledge on renewal of my non res LTC. It needs renewing every year and is coming up in May. To your knowledge do they send out renewal notices or do I have to take initiative? And CT still has the same AWB so no wories there either.

there's no such thing as a renewal of a non res mass ltc... you need to reapply the same exact way you did the first time. and there's no guarantee that they will process it in a timely fashion either. I work in mass, but it's not worth the $100/yr for the privilege of shooting in mass.

BTW, I'm not knocking that club in springfield, but you'd be better off  joining the East Windsor Sportsmans club (200yd rifle) or one of the other clubs in the area than going to mass. That doesn't preclude you going up there for matches, even without the mass ltc-a.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't count on the state notifying you!

Don't count on the state to timely process your application!

EVERY application is dealt with as an "original application", so renewals take just as long as a first time applicant.

If you expect to get it back by May, you should ALREADY have sent in your application for renewal (obtained by calling CHSB, leaving message with mailing info).
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:44:55 AM EDT
[#7]
cduarte.....Thats shitty!, but I hear ya loud and clear. I ended up going to that club and wasnt to impressed either.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
cduarte.....Thats shitty!, but I hear ya loud and clear. I ended up going to that club and wasnt to impressed either.

no problem, btw, if you need an application to East Windsor, send me an IM or an email with your address and I'll get one out to you.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:26:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Is East Windsor taking new members, Do you need a sponsor, and what are the dues?? I'm also looking at somers sportsmen any feedback there?Does E.W. have a website?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:19:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Is East Windsor taking new members, Do you need a sponsor, and what are the dues?? I'm also looking at somers sportsmen any feedback there?Does E.W. have a website?

yes, yes (if you come to a match, there's one on the 26th at 9am, I"ll sign), dues are $55 for working members (means you have to show up on at least 2 work days to help clean up and such), $85 for non-working members, Somers seems like a decent bunch of active shooters, never been there but they do come down for the plate shoots, and finally there's no website that I know of.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:26:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top