Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 10:04:55 AM EDT
The Galil "AR and ARM" which is model specific, is on the assault ban list. Therefore would a  Action Arms Model 361 .223 that isn't stamped "Gaili" anywhere on the receiver be legal?
There is also a sporter model that's stamped "Galil Sporter", what's the opinion on that?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Call SLFU and ask them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#2]
From past experiences, not too confident w/that.  So no one else have an opinion?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:42:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, "Galil" is a model specific ban under the 1993 law. So is Colt AR-15 and Sporter.

However, the Colt Match Target is not banned.

Applying that "logic" one could rationalize that a "Galil" clone that doesn't say "Galil" on it and also
otherwise conforms to the "post ban" no evil features criteria could then be legal?

But who is suggesting that the State is "rational" about anything anymore?

This is a state where you can buy a .223 or 5.45 AK clone but not a 7.62x39

This is  a state where the next gun ban will be based on EXTERNAL FINISH COLOR

What do you expect?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:33:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Applying that "logic" one could rationalize that a "Galil" clone that doesn't say "Galil" on it and also otherwise conforms to the "post ban" no evil features criteria could then be legal?

Actually I'm talking about a true Galil rifle but is stamp other then "Galil"
I agree getting a "clone" probably would be a no brainer but that's not what I am considering
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, other than the model specific Galils banned under cgs 53(a) 202 and otherwise complying with CTs feature bans, personally I don't see how such a Galil could be illegal, but then again, I am not speaking for SLFU.

Again, I'd call them and see if they'll put it in writing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Done that & "no"
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Please clarify.

"Done that and no."

Does that mean you've called SLFU and "no" means they won't put it in writing or does "no" mean
anything that says "Galil" is illegal? Because they are not in the business of interpreting the law. That job belongs to the courts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top