Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:54:56 AM EDT
Is the new FN PS90 legal to own in CT?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think yes seeing as how there is no pistol grip, collapasable stock or bayonet lug.  But the ammunition, thats been under heat from CT politicans for a little bit so I don't know...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been trying to find out myself, and nobody seems to know. I e-mailed FN's regional sales person, and he doesn't know. It all depends on how the state defines the stock. I've been told by one dealer that CT does consider a thumbhole stock a pistol-grip. If that is the case, then it is illegal here because it has a flash hider, and detachable magazine, and the stock would put it over the limit for "evil features". Now, if we can get a muzzle break on it, then it would be fine regardless of what type of stock it has. As far as the ammo, it has no bearing at all on the legality of the rifle. I have about 1200 rds of 5.7x28mm for my Five Seven pistol. I am waiting to hear back from the DPS Special Licensing and Firearms Division.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry DPS will figure out it is illegal.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Steyr Augs are being sold in CT under a different name, so the P-90 should be OK.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:13:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The PS90 is here. I know of a shop that has a few, the same shop will also be getting some FS2000's in the spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top