Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:06:40 AM EDT
Can you wear body armour legally here in CT?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I won $100 bucks on this question off a cop in Waterbury one night , The answer is Yes , so long as you are not in commission of a crime.

While we are here , Anyone know whare concealed appears in CT's carry law?? The answer is it is'nt , if you are so inclined you can win some money from cops on that one too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#2]
In addition to what s&p posted, the laws of CT prohibit the purchase of body armor by mail order.  Any person not LE or MIL must purchase body armor in person.

Sec. 53-341b. Sale or delivery of body armor restricted. (a) No person, firm or corporation shall sell or deliver body armor to another person unless the transferee meets in person with the transferor to accomplish the sale or delivery.

(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to the sale or delivery of body armor to a sworn member or authorized official of an organized local police department, the Division of State Police within the Department of Public Safety or the Division of Criminal Justice, to an authorized official of a municipality or the Department of Administrative Services that purchases body armor on behalf of an organized local police department, the Division of State Police within the Department of Public Safety or the Division of Criminal Justice, to an authorized official of the judicial branch who purchases body armor on behalf of a probation officer or to a member of the National Guard or the armed forces reserve.

(c) As used in this section, "body armor" means any material designed to be worn on the body and to provide bullet penetration resistance.

(d) Any person, firm or corporation that violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#3]
In addition to what s&p posted, the laws of CT prohibit the purchase of body armor by mail order.  Any person not LE or MIL must purchase body armor in person.

Sec. 53-341b. Sale or delivery of body armor restricted. (a) No person, firm or corporation shall sell or deliver body armor to another person unless the transferee meets in person with the transferor to accomplish the sale or delivery.

(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to the sale or delivery of body armor to a sworn member or authorized official of an organized local police department, the Division of State Police within the Department of Public Safety or the Division of Criminal Justice, to an authorized official of a municipality or the Department of Administrative Services that purchases body armor on behalf of an organized local police department, the Division of State Police within the Department of Public Safety or the Division of Criminal Justice, to an authorized official of the judicial branch who purchases body armor on behalf of a probation officer or to a member of the National Guard or the armed forces reserve.

(c) As used in this section, "body armor" means any material designed to be worn on the body and to provide bullet penetration resistance.

(d) Any person, firm or corporation that violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there any place to actually purchase body armor in CT?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, D'andreas in Stratford. He has them for $600. When I worked for him I sold 4 of  them. The customers were very pleased with them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes, D'andreas in Stratford. He has them for $600. When I worked for him I sold 4 of  them. The customers were very pleased with them.

Besides, reading that law , nowhare does it say it has to be purchaced in CT.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

At least I bought mine legally. Like I cared if I bought it legally or not after my unit didn't have enough for everyone before we shipped out for our last deployment.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anyone know whare concealed appears in CT's carry law?? The answer is it is'nt , if you are so inclined you can win some money from cops on that one too.

Are you saying that CT is an open carry state?  I wouldn't like to be the one to test that one out!  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Are you saying that CT is an open carry state?  I wouldn't like to be the one to test that one out!  

There is no statute prohibiting the practice of open carry nor a statute requiring concealed carry with a permit.  However, conventional wisdom is that you will be arrested and permit pulled if you carry open and cause public alarm.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no statute prohibiting the practice of open carry nor a statute requiring concealed carry with a permit.  However, conventional wisdom is that you will be arrested and permit pulled if you carry open and cause public alarm.

All i am saying is there is alot of misconception about this in LEO's. No I never open carried , nor do i suggest it , or do i do it when I come "home" (second week of march if anyone wants to get together at HRSA or Dunkin Donuts) . But It is not in the law and alot of people think it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top