Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2005 6:17:33 PM EDT
When are they going to start scanning people's fingerprints at the gun stores in Massachusetts? I've seen the equipment laying around forever. What are they waiting for? Lets get this party started. Thank goodness I have a collection of severed hands in the freezer.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Thank goodness I have a collection of severed hands in the freezer.

Hey!  Me too!
Oh, I thought you typed, "heads."  Nevermind.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:22:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:13:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Myself,I am looking forward to retina scanning when I go to buy groceries.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#4]
My town is still giving out the old style permits so it will be a while I would think.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Four Seasons does it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Four Seasons does it.

I think they only do it if you have one of the new type licenses. I was just issued (renewal) the old type form my town, so I'll have that for 6 years unless I "lose" it and have to get a replacement in a couple of years, when we finally get the new hardware up and running...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Four Seasons does it.

The Gun Room in Shrewsbury does not, nor does K&R in Hudson (nice little shop, BTW). I have one of the new licenses with the fingerprint on it, from Northborough.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Four Seasons does it.

I think they only do it if you have one of the new type licenses. I was just issued (renewal) the old type form my town, so I'll have that for 6 years unless I "lose" it and have to get a replacement in a couple of years, when we finally get the new hardware up and running...

You are correct....only with the new licenses.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:00:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I had the new license when I lived in MA (moved to God's country this summer) and I never had to provide a fingerprint when purchasing anything at Four Season's, the Gun Room or Dick's in Worcester.  I've purchased guns, ammo and misc accessories at all those stores.

There must be another reason or qualifier....  Maybe the system is setup yet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top