Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 6:27:45 AM EDT
This is probably out of the question.  I have been trying to find information on the law for rifles or SBRS in connecticut.  I am assuming it is not allowed due to 90% of the weapons arent allowed in this state.  Does this fall under the AWB.  I didnt see anything in the AWB about it.  I was going to call the local gun shop and find out but I figured I would ask here first.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
SBRs are allowed to be possessed and built in CT, providing they are properly registered as per the NFA, tax paid.

The information I have is that a semi-auto SBR still needs to comply with the feature count in 53-202a (State AWB), or built on a receiver that was built prior to 9/94.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:04:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the information
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Just had one approved about a month ago.
If you do it, have www.tomsawyermfg.com ["likemopar"] do the engraving... beautiful job!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Rag what type of build did you do?  Any photos?  Did you have to send your lower out to have it engraved?  When you got it approved did you build it first or do you have to fill out the paper work first.

I am trying to figure out which type of build I want to do.  I guess ultimatly I wanted to build a 9mm SBR.  However I dont think that is going to be possible and will have to settle for a Bushmaster .223.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:14:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Racer,

k5 is having an open house saturday. Stop by if your not busy and keep me sane.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:01:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I wanted to make that open house however I will be in NYC.  That should be a good time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I can email you picts if you'd like.

You can engrave it anywhere, but Sawyer in TN does a great job, only $35 including return shipping, got it back within a week.

I built it out of a preban Bushie lower, but I installed a Colt factory A1 10.5" 9mm upper and mag block.

Go for the 9mm if you want it, it's great to shoot, the Bushie lower says "5.56mm" but who cares.

I belong to Metacon Gun club, if you're in the area and want to try it, let me know!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#8]

remember, NFA registry does not shield you from CT AWB either.

if it's a new lower, the SBR cannot have FH, bayo lug, or collapsing stock. it has to still adhere to the CT AWB.

if it's a pre-ban lower, then you are OK with the above listed items.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top