Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 1:17:29 PM EDT
I grew up in MA, left because of the Navy. Never thought I'd miss the state, but it really does have a lot to offer. Lots of things to do, lots of history, beautiful scenery, and I've loved Boston since I was a kid. Unfortunately the state is controlled by goons and there are too many liberals. If MA was a red state, I'd considering moving back. Oh yeah, and if the RKBA wasn't so heavily restricted.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you lost your MIND!!  .........I have been stationed in Mass since early 2003 and I will never regret the long commute I take to drive from New Hampshire to Boston.  I grew up in Maine so I'm partial to Maine but still would leave New England in a heartbeat if the antigun and liberal nonsense spreads.......I lived in Plymouth, MA for a year and also on upper Cape Cod for 1/2 a year. A lot of good people in Mass. but the liberals have some form of rabies......They things I have had said to me by Mass liberals would get their teeth knocked out anywhere else.  Anyways.....aside from some scenery and history I can't think of anything good modern day Mass. has to offer....
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you forget how to read? I said if it was a red state and the RKBA wasn't restricted.

In other words, fantasy land.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I moved out almost seven years ago and would never move back. Even if they changed it to a gun friendly paradise. Most of the people are just weird, Liberalism is bread in. To congested. Have you ever been to Cambridge? I'm not insulting anyone on this board, because I know if you are on the AR site and live in Mass then your trapped and can't get out.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I moved out almost seven years ago and would never move back. Even if they changed it to a gun friendly paradise. Most of the people are just weird, Liberalism is bread in. To congested. Have you ever been to Cambridge? I'm not insulting anyone on this board, because I know if you are on the AR site and live in Mass then your trapped and can't get out.

Yes, been to Cambridge plenty of times.

I grew up in Pembroke, nice town.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:29:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I also grew up in Pembroke then joined the Army and now live in Maine. I understand the missing aspect. I went down to visit some friends the other weekend which brought back alot of memories but could not wait to get back up north. I pray that someday maybe people will smarten up but I know thats just a dream that will probably never come true. Oh well, i'll just visit every once and a while to remind me why I left. I cant believe how much it has changed just since I was youg, its crazy now how much it has become a real peoples republic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:14:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I can understand how one might miss the rich historical nature of the state.  It's a poignant irony that Mass is the birthplace of the American Revolution.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#7]
My family and I visit friends in the MA North West Berkshires a couple of times a year.  Beautiful, beautiful countryside and I would move there in a minute if the rest of the state wasn't so scewed up.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I DON'T miss Ma.
Every time i go there they charge me for something.  Taxes out the wazzou.
I got spoiled by moving north.  Now when i go to buy something in Ma, i think, "Hmm, if i buy this at home it will cost FIVE PERCENT LESS".

That right there is motivation enough.

ETA: i grew up in Franklin Co.  so i didn't see lots of that eastern BS, but that eastern BS still impinges way out here.  People try to ignore it but- there it is!  I buy a beer in Bernardston, and i still pay for the Big Dig. Fuck that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#9]
You think 5% sale's tax is a lot? Never been down to Florida or Mississippi have you?

Yes, I know NH has no sale's tax
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#10]
NH rocks Full auto, silencers and 10,000 rd mags (if I could find one)
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes 5% is a lot! too much!
1% is too much! 1x10-9 % is too much!
I mean why?  they tax my money when i make it, do they need to tax it when i spend it, too?  seriously.
Everytime i go to Pa to hunt its 7%!  I looked at the girl as if she was crazy, I'll tell you what.  7%?  WTF?

When the tax revolt comes I'll be revolting
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yes 5% is a lot! too much!
1% is too much! 1x10-9 % is too much!
I mean why?  they tax my money when i make it, do they need to tax it when i spend it, too?  seriously.
Everytime i go to Pa to hunt its 7%!  I looked at the girl as if she was crazy, I'll tell you what.  7%?  WTF?

When the tax revolt comes I'll be revolting

Personally, I'd take a universal sales tax over income tax anyday, because flat tax would NEVER happen in this country.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I LOVE MASSACHUSETTS!

Why?

The history.

The landscape.

The freaks!

Never a dull moment here!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I LOVE MASSACHUSETTS!

Why?

The history.

The landscape.

The freaks!

Never a dull moment here!

History? Well..........early American history - that's about it........

Landscape? You mean the Big Dig or do you mean Boston Common with the homeless bums?

Freaks? Well.........my girlfriend IS from Mass.........so some useage of the word *cough* "freak" may be in order.........

The only thing about Mass. I really like is my ability to drive 90mph (in a truck) in the brakedown lane with reckless abandon........I recently got a range membership at Pelham (NH) Fish and Game - for you "northern Massholes" I highly recommend it - good club and its got an Action Range (Practical/IDPA/IPSC) with three pits.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#15]
It's filled with too many Massholes!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Have you lost your MIND!!  .........I have been stationed in Mass since early 2003 and I will never regret the long commute I take to drive from New Hampshire to Boston.  I grew up in Maine so I'm partial to Maine but still would leave New England in a heartbeat if the antigun and liberal nonsense spreads.......I lived in Plymouth, MA for a year and also on upper Cape Cod for 1/2 a year. A lot of good people in Mass. but the liberals have some form of rabies......They things I have had said to me by Mass liberals would get their teeth knocked out anywhere else.  Anyways.....aside from some scenery and history I can't think of anything good modern day Mass. has to offer....

<AHEM!!!!>

Technically, I can't be "up for offer" ...BUT I had to mess with ya!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<AHEM!!!!>

Technically, I can't be "up for offer" ...BUT I had to mess with ya!

LOL........funny you say.......my new girlfriend is from Massachusetts so I now have to be careful what I say......I am officially whipped now.......I still couldnt live in Mass. though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top