Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 10:46:57 AM EDT
Anybody here from that area, or work at the VA there? Any suggestions on where to look for appartments? Hows the gun show scene? Good places to shoot class 3 gear?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Green Mountain Boys Shooting Club

It's in Eden, VT so it's not right around the corner.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I did my residency training at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center which is closely affiliated with the VA.  I spent about 1/4 of my time at the VA SPA.  It was my favorite VA and most Vets like it a lot.  I live in a different part of NH now.

I can't tell you about shooting stuff since I lived across the river in NH.  I belonged to the Grafton County Fish and Game Club which is actually not far at all from the VA but is in NH.  You can bring whatever you want to shoot to NH.  CCW permits are easy to get for non-residents.

IIRC, sound suppressors are illegal in VT.  Just thought I'd mention it since you talked about Class III.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to live up there, its not a bad place, at the crossroads of Rt-89 and 91, wish I was back up there. Everything you need shopping wise, yet close to the boonies.

I'm too out of date to suggest anything specific, but you may want to look across the river at the NH side of the border for your apartment.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:38:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IIRC, sound suppressors are illegal in VT.  Just thought I'd mention it since you talked about Class III.

Yeah, I found that out yesterday. I hear it's cheaper to live in NH anyways, so I'll probobly do that. Otherwise I guess I'll have to sell it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Dude! A bunch of my friends live fairly close to there-absolutely beautiful country. They all shoot on their property.....lots of great homes and land up there, still relatively affordable. Across the river is Lebanon, the major shopping hub of the area. Personally I'd live in NH, too, as you said it's cheaper.
Hope you like snow, though!  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It snows here?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I grew up in Buffalo NY, I'm sure I can handle it.... I wouldn't say I like the snow though.

Anybody around there have a house for rent?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It snows here?hr

heIt's worth being able to shoot on my own property though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top