Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 5:32:19 AM EDT
Are there currently any organized efforts to repeal or change CT's AWB? If so, I would like to know how to get involved. If not, who would be interested, and how do we go about, organizing such an effort?

I think a strong case could be made about the ineffectivness of the ban, its unconstutionality, and that it is a blind copy of a now defunct federal law which was jack hammered into CT statutes, and therefore remains full of holes and is not taylored towards CT needs.

This case needs to be thoughtfully constructed and presented to our legislators.

For example, it's obvious that the legal definition of 'Assualt Weapon' leaves alot to be desired. Further more, many of the guns listed by name/make have never even been used in a crime in CT. Again, just a blind copy of old Fed law.

Would anyone here support a 'redifineing' of assualt weapon, along with the adoption of a permiting process (similar to our pistol permit)? I think a permit process would be preferable to a complete ban, and is a good compromise between our interests and the concerns of the 'anti-gun' proponents.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:03:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Tifosi,

I had heard about CT Sportsman Alliance or something like that. Don't have a link. There have been efferts made by a large gun dealer in CT also. I don't know if anything is underway at this time. I could just imagine the uproar in NY and Mass if our AWB was overturned.  If the State would allow ownership  of  newly manufactured AW with flash hiders, collapsable stocks and bayonet lugs using a registration process I'm ok with that. Until what time if any, that happens we have to be satisfied with post ban guns or non Colt AR15 prebans. I have lived in CT most of my life. CT was a great place to live and work but it is no more it's just the suburbs of NYC and Boston. I'M out of here in a few more years!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#2]

i sincerely wish you guys good luck.

after so many letters, faxes, e-mails, and phone calls, i left ct for exactly that reason and moved home to me where i don't have to worry about it, and where [for the most part] my reps actually give a crap.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I would be interested to find out if anything is being done.  I am looking into buying a post ban.  I would love to buy an preban lower and put a new upper on it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#4]
You can buy a pre ban lower. Just can't be Colt AR-15.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#5]
How easy is it to find a preban complete Bushmaster lower?  I have looked for a long time but cant seem to find anything.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top