Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 1:24:18 PM EDT

Hey, it's me again.  This time I am wondering about NFA shotgun legality, specifically in the shortened pump action shotguns, such as a 14" Mossberg 590.   Of course, if all correct paperwork is filled out and all proper procedures are complied with, is it legal to obtain and own shortened pump shotguns?

thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, SBSs, SBRs, Suppressors, AOWs and Machine Guns are legal in CT, providing they have the proper forms.  In addition to the tax stamp, machine guns need to be further registered with DPS and cannot be select fire.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Cannot be select fire...so that means they can ONLY be full auto?   Strange.

Anyways, thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, ya gotta love it. I can't own a select fire AR-15, but I can go out and get an M60, or an M249 SAW!!!! The select fire might be more dangerous........I think??? Or is it that automatic fire is not inherently deadly, but it is the OPTION TO CHOOSE auto fire that might lead to trouble? HMMMMM.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah...crazy, well, as long as I can get myself a 14" Mossberg 500, I'm happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top