Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 1:22:06 AM EDT
My son and I went today, the range officers made us feel very uncomfortable. So we were there for 15-20 minutes then we split. I was like my son and I was interupting them because when there are public shooters they can't shoot. One of the officers was on are backs for everything. I won't get into detail but they made us feel uncomfortable.

As soon as they seen we were leaving they grabbed thier targets and stands and guns and ready to set thier stuff up in a heartbeat. I called my relative who is a member and explained to him what happened and he also agreed that they tend to do that when their are a few people so they can shoot. Maybe I'm reading into it a little and I mean a little.

I usaully go up with my relative and we shoot all day very comfortable. Next time it will be OK. At one point the range officer walked up to my soon and started preaching to him how to shoot so he tried it the RO way and the bullets were shooting all over the place, my son shoots very well his way, and very accurate at that. So I said to the RO to let my soon be and he started shooting well after the RO left us alone... Just a minor rant.....
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is high rock?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where is high rock?

Naugatuck, Ct.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi PocketG,

I think I saw you & your son up at the range, I am a Member from the club & I stopped up to see what was going on there!

Sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable there. Since I wasn't on duty, I really wasn't paying attention to what was going on, but I hope that we will have you & your son back soon.

Some RO's have less people skills than others & I have even dealt with it before I was a member. The only time I have benn overbearing with shooters is when they were acting in an unsafe manner pursuant to range rules or general safety.

I hope to see you return &  that you have no problems on the range.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hi PocketG,

I think I saw you & your son up at the range, I am a Member from the club & I stopped up to see what was going on there!

Sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable there. Since I wasn't on duty, I really wasn't paying attention to what was going on, but I hope that we will have you & your son back soon.

Some RO's have less people skills than others & I have even dealt with it before I was a member. The only time I have benn overbearing with shooters is when they were acting in an unsafe manner pursuant to range rules or general safety.

I hope to see you return &  that you have no problems on the range.

Thanks for your concern, it was like, step up, standback some, move to the right, your son is shooting skills needs improving, let me show him, he grabs his arm with the loaded rifle and he almost dropped it. He caught it by the butt. After that we packed and left. I wish I new it was you, we could of talked some...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top