Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 3:31:00 PM EDT
I need to know if its legal for me to send 2 20 round AR Colt magazines to Mass.??????
Guy wants a couple from me but I want to check the law first. Can anybody help me out????
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If the mags were made pre-9/13/94 then they are legal in MA. Any hi-cap mags made after that date are a 10 year felony to possess!

The receiver also MUST possess a MA LTC-A or LTC-B in order to possess hi-cap rifle/shotgun mags.

The smart thing would be to request a photocopy of the recipient's LTC prior to shipping them, if they are pre-ban. Then both of you would be in the clear.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
BTW, our AG has run numerous sting operations as he wants to shut down all legal commerce in firearms, ammo, and supplies. Thus if the buyer refuses to provide a copy of his LTC, I would REFUSE to ship the goods . . . you could be being set up for a fall. Talk to Ammoman about his getting caught by the MA AG! It wasn't a fun time and he won't even ship the time of day into MA now!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top