Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2005 6:32:34 PM EDT
To be clear I'm not trying to sell anything in this thread.  I'm looking for suggestions on how to sell a firearm local to southern NH.  I know I could sell on the EE Board under Lowers but I would rather not go through the hassle of FFL holders on both ends and the extra paperwork and cost.  If you have any suggestions,please let me know.  Thanks.

Scott
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I sold a Sig Pro in NH recently through "Uncle Henry's" - Uncle Henry's classified publication is mostly a "Maine" thing but it covers New Hampshire as well - they have a published classified pamphlet every week and an online website for ads - it works good usually. Also - check out Classified ads under northeastshooters.com
unclehenrys.com

Also, you can sell to an out-of-state resident with just an FFL on their end - pretty easy - have them send a copy of their FFL's license - go to ATF's website to EZ-Check - verify the FFL and ship the rifle or pistol to their FFL dealer. I sold two rifles this way within the past month. Firearms can be shipped USPS, Fedex, and UPS. Pistols have to go overnight shipping.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You can also post an ad in the EE that says "FTF in NH only," which means you will meet "Face to Face" only, so no FFL is required for a person-person sale.  You can also mail a lower to another resident of NH without the need of an FFL.  In that case, make your EE ad say "FS in NH only."

From the BATF Website:

B9) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by carrier? [Back]

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm. [18 U. S. C. 922( a)( 2)( A) and 922( e), 27 CFR 178.31]

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:51:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I've also had a lot of luck buying and selling firearms via The Want Ad.  It is similar to Uncle Henry's, but is aimed at the MA / NH area.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
IM me with what you have and how much you want for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top