Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 3:55:30 PM EDT
Any festivals or attractions I could check out? I want to take my family and my new car on a road trip, so I've decided on these 2 areas. We've never been there before. Help a brother out!

Point me in the right direction for family fun. Museums, food festivals, outdoor fairs, county fairs, livestock festivals, whatever.

Looking forward to the responses, TIA.

Full disclousure:
Also posted in GD
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, burlington VT is really nice. It sits next to lake champlain which is beautiful. There is a science museum and train ride right next to the lake and burlington itself is nice. You can take boat rides too and there is a fine bike/walking path that goes along the shore of the lake.

The city itself is really nice and this time of year there will be fewer college kids about (the university of vermont is in burlington). There are nice restaurants and there is a street called church street which is a pedestrian street with lots of shops and eateries. Its a small city with a cool vibe (only 50,000 people I think).

If you like Ice cream, Ben and Jerrys is in Waterbury vermont which is about 40 minutes south of burlington. You can tour the factory.

The teddy bear factory is somewhere near burlington too I think, which kids love.

I love vermont, I think it's the perfect blend of conservative and liberal values.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Head up to the White Mountains in NH.. The road to the top of Mnt Washington is a trip all on it's own..

Where are you from?  Just wondering where you'll be coming in from.. If you wanted to drive around a bit there are many great back roads to just cruise on.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Coming from NY State.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top