Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2004 6:02:46 PM EDT
I attended my last Nevada DBS (Desert Blast Shoot) today.  I'll be moving to Connecticut in about three weeks.  I know I'll have some adjusting to do when I move to Connecticut and go to shooting ranges.  Just let you know what I'm coming from check out this link.  It's some photos from our shoot today.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=22&t=189959&page=2
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome to CT hope you like the cold
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Hurry up and apply for your CT CCW permit!

I got mine.
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]
wow, that looks nice. unfortunately, the places we have to shoot here aren't anywhere near as unpopulated.
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you check out the video?  The link is just below the dead bunny photo.  Check out the full auto and mortar action in the video.  The mortar is mine so where can I play with my mortar in Connecticut?
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 5:22:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
wow, that looks nice. unfortunately, the places we have to shoot here aren't anywhere near as unpopulated.

There is no place in NE like that, where it is so wide open and usable for shooting. Most ranges here are postage stamps, with maybe a 100 yd range. Some have longer, like 200 and 400. Ours in MA has a 200 yd range.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#6]
First welcome.   Second, why the hell you comin here and leavin that.  

Seems like quite a shoot, may not find that in ct.  Although theres alot of like minded folks here it'll be hard to duplicate a shoot like that.

Link Posted: 1/2/2005 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#7]
+1

Apply BEFORE you move in and you won't have to go through the hassel of applying to the town first.

Just change your address when you move in.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
First welcome.   Second, why the hell you comin here and leavin that.  

Trust me, it's a good reason.  How much time do I need to get a non-resident CCW?
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Trust me, it's a good reason.  How much time do I need to get a non-resident CCW?

Took me about 5 weeks to get the CT . I live on the NY/CT border , not that it makes a diff for CT
but you have to have a NY address to get a NY permit .
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:07:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you, Gentlemen.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#11]
<---   85 acres of forest.

I've never shot at a range... do tell me what its like!

Hey Diff, do get a jump on your CCW... it really does take em a while to get it done and they have a habit, so I hear, of "losing" paperwork until you show up to complain at which point it magically appears next to them....

- BG

(I'm kidding, kinda.  I shoot at a range too in PA when I'm down there)
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Hey Diff, do get a jump on your CCW... it really does take em a while to get it done and they have a habit, so I hear, of "losing" paperwork until you show up to complain at which point it magically appears next to them....

After having gone through eight years of the Navy Nuclear Power program, six years of paperwork processing with the U. S. BCIS for my wife, 86 days of paperwork processing to get my NV CCW, 74 days to get my NFA Form 4 approved, 124 days to get my NFA Form 1 approved and a moderately severe divorce in 1996, I can handle the Connecticut CCW process.  

I hear you guys on the CCW but it's going to have to wait.  Until then, I'll have to defend myself with a cat-that-ate-the-canary grin. Seriously, I'm way busy.  I've got the toys all configured for Connecticut.  Yes, the M1A is full-auto only.  I've got the CT State Police sending me the state registration form and I'll send the BATFE NFA Branch the Forms 20 to sign once I've signed the dotted line in West Hartford.  I've got the base camp, er, residence lined up already. I'll be in Harford next week.  I'm flying back to Vegas at the end of the week then it's the Road Trip Royale.   Toys to follow when permission slip / hall pass arrives.  I've checked the laws of the several States so I'm ready to and  WILL comply with the laws of man.  That includes the State of New York.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:09:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

After having gone through eight years of the Navy Nuclear Power program, six years of paperwork processing with the U. S. BCIS for my wife, 86 days of paperwork processing to get my NV CCW, 74 days to get my NFA Form 4 approved, 124 days to get my NFA Form 1 approved and a moderately severe divorce in 1996, I can handle the Connecticut CCW process.  

I hear you guys on the CCW but it's going to have to wait.  Until then, I'll have to defend myself with a cat-that-ate-the-canary grin. Seriously, I'm way busy.  I've got the toys all configured for Connecticut.  Yes, the M1A is full-auto only.  I've got the CT State Police sending me the state registration form and I'll send the BATFE NFA Branch the Forms 20 to sign once I've signed the dotted line in West Hartford.  I've got the base camp, er, residence lined up already. I'll be in Harford next week.  I'm flying back to Vegas at the end of the week then it's the Road Trip Royale.   Toys to follow when permission slip / hall pass arrives.  I've checked the laws of the several States so I'm ready to and  WILL comply with the laws of man.  That includes the State of New York.  

sounds like everything is falling into place! BTW, just let me know when you want to go shoot that M1A and I'll bring the ammo...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:48:37 AM EDT
[#14]
cduarte, Roger that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top