Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 9:12:26 AM EDT
Im up there everyfew weekends and was wondering are there any gun shops around the area? Def. not in Faifield town. Are there any ranges around. Thanks

Tim
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Tim;

There are a handful of ranges and stores in Ffld Cnty.  What towns are you going to be near?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:05:51 AM EDT
[#2]
In the town of Fairfield my gf goes to the school there and i need something to burn time
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a nice ride into Danbury.  Wooster Mountain is open on weekends.

A couple of guns stores in the area:

Tom Mason's Guns & Ammo in Danbury
Breitling Firearms in New Milford also has an indoor pistol range.
Valley Firearms in Shelton
A farther ride, but Newington Gun Exchange in Newington and Hoffman's down the road.

If you plan on coming up fairly often, may want to consider getting a non-res pistol permit if you want to travel with pistols.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the intel
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a link to a directory of dealers by town in CT.

http://gun.directoryusa.biz/CT/cities.php

Closest outdoor rifle range to Fairfield is probably Danbury, as mentioned.
Also Blue Trail in Wallingford.

For indoor pistol ranges close to Fairfield there is also Fairfield County Indoor Range in Monroe
and Scott Moss in Norwalk. Also Bridgeport Shooting Range, but in a bad area on the East side.

Also try this link for ranges.

http://www.wheretoshoot.org/

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

A farther ride, but Newington Gun Exchange in Newington and Hoffman's down the road.

If you plan on coming up fairly often, may want to consider getting a non-res pistol permit if you want to travel with pistols.

I insist that you make your way to Newington Gun Exchange... awesome guys there.  

Hoffmans... pffft.  I find them to be a group of wankers.

- BG
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Whens that range gonna close for the season?

Oh yea, if you wanna do some pistol shooting, check out Scott Moss (it has a new name now, but can't remember).  They have an indoor range and an alright selection of rental pistols (if you don't have a non residential permit you can't bring your own).  As for any other ways to burn time in Fairfield County, us locals prefer to pass the time with drinking, lots and lots of drinking.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Whens that range gonna close for the season?

IIRC, Wooster starts winter hours late November...  I could be wrong.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I would avoid valley like the plague, PM me for details... BTW, there's a couple of shops in Stratford that aren't far, D'Andreas, and K-5 Arms Exchange.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Tim,

D'Andreas Gun Case in Stratford. That's the place I buy my guns at!
Hansen in Soutport (Fairfield) but I have not been there in years.
Bob's Gun Shop in Darien, it's a small place.
Field and Stream in Norwalk, they have an indoor range

As far as indoor ranges I've been to Fairfield County Range in Monroe that's where I take my 9mm AR.
The Bridgeport Shooting range is in a tough neighborhood, Haven't been there yet but will be going.
There is another indoor range in Greenwich but it is private.
Outdoors Wooster Mountain in Danbury, There is a range in Naugatuck and the Blue Trail in Wallingford.

There are other gun shops in Greenwich, Stratford, Milford, Danbury.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Im up here tonight, tommrow ill be checking a few out, thanks for the info guys.

Murph out...

Yankees win!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top