Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 4:46:36 AM EDT
I believe it's out west, maybe in Springfield.  Does anyone have details?  Does anyone know if it will have a larger pistol selection than the Marlboro show?  One last question, I know I full of them this morning, has anyone purchased a gun off of the www.gunsamerica.com/ website?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:26:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Oct 9 & 10, 2004 at "Big E", W. Springfield, MA

Schedule for all events being held at the Big E location can be found in a PDF file here:
www.thebige.com/upload/docs/annualcalendar2004.pdf

Next year you should be able to substitute 2005 to get their list.

Larger show, yes!

More handguns, unlikely. There is next to nothing in new guns that can be sold in MA due to law and regs, so there is usually very few vendors who drag handguns to the show. Legally they can't even display "non-compliant" handguns unless posted with a sign "can't be sold in MA" (other, out of state dealers can buy at show, I think). Most of us in MA will sit on our old guns, even if they are never fired again, knowing full well that they can never be replaced as long as we live in MA. So the supply to dealers of MA compliant guns (used in particular) has dried up and the prices are ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
hey Sgt H,
I would have sais hello, and introduced myself, but that chick you were talking to kept poking my eyes out with her nips....
Hopefully next time she'll wear a choker that goes right over her nasty face, talk about hitting every branch on the way down......yikes
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]
ha ha......i took a double take a nipple chick too
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:55:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
hey Sgt H,
I would have sais hello, and introduced myself, but that chick you were talking to kept poking my eyes out with her nips....
Hopefully next time she'll wear a choker that goes right over her nasty face, talk about hitting every branch on the way down......yikes

How the hell did I miss her?  I always miss the funny shit.

If anybody wants to hook up for the show in Springfield let me know.  We can grab a beer after the show.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#5]
CM, I gotta ask . . .

What kind of goods were predominant on the table where the "nipple chick" was? I wasn't there, but the description makes me think that it is someone I know who sells predominantly gun cleaning equipment at shows (Kleen Bore, I think).

I do expect to make the Oct 9th date at the Big E. Assuming nothing untoward happens to mess up the plans. My Wife will probably make the trip with me, but may be off shopping elsewhere during the show. I've asked two gun owning buddies if they were interested in attending the show, but I don't get the impression that they are really interested.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: I gotta ask . . .

What kind of goods were predominant on the table where the "nipple chick" was? I wasn't there, but the description makes me think that it is someone I know who sells predominantly gun cleaning equipment at shows (Kleen Bore, I think).....Your right on TARGET* there Lenny, I bought clealing supplies from *her yesterday, If she's not the nipchic you speak of she should be!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted: I gotta ask . . .

What kind of goods were predominant on the table where the "nipple chick" was? I wasn't there, but the description makes me think that it is someone I know who sells predominantly gun cleaning equipment at shows (Kleen Bore, I think).....Your right on TARGET* there Lenny, I bought clealing supplies from *her yesterday, If she's not the nipchic you speak of she should be!

Bingo! Her Husband is an LEO and mfr of Class 3 toys. I bought my one real gun-show gun (H&K USP .45c) from them a few years ago. I swear that she dresses as "eye candy" to attract business to their table, and it works! She dresses like that for every gun show. They are both nice people.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Im sure shes nice, but it wasnt that cold in there!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#10]
There are usally a few tables with overpriced handguns. One I can think of is usally covered with chicken wire to keep sticky fingers from walking off.  AAA guns just down the street from the Big-E has a decent selection and some of the newer "List" guns.
We may be there saturday. We will be wearing our Black AR15 t shirts.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There are usally a few tables with overpriced handguns. One I can think of is usally covered with chicken wire to keep sticky fingers from walking off.  AAA guns just down the street from the Big-E has a decent selection and some of the newer "List" guns.
We may be there saturday. We will be wearing our Black AR15 t shirts.

Plastic chicken wire: Mcelhiney's from Waltham, MA. Eldon and Mary are nice folks, but so pricey that I only say hi and move on, never looking at what he has out there. Waltham is a fair sized city but he's the only gun store within ~15 miles (Four Seasons in Woburn, largest volume and most pleasant place to shop, also some of the best prices in state). The only other place in Waltham is a police supply store, who caters mostly to LEOs.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I think I will be going on Sunday.  If I am not mistaken there is a show in Manchester NH that same week end.  I might go to that one.  They always have a better selection.

Hey, Wildweasel, How's it going?  How is Mrs. Wildweasel?  Haven't seen you guys since last time.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#13]
whoops double tap.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn, so I'm not the only one... those nips are hypnotising.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn, so I'm not the only one... those nips are hypnotising.

I still can't believe I didn't see her.   I was probably too pissed off from the lack of selection at the show.   But still hard nipple action  COME ON!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#16]
are you kidding?
You had the Knob Creek T shirt on right?
I did a full lap, and you were still chatting her up.
Remember the Indian choker?
The Big honking boobs?
The butter face?

damn sarge,
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#17]
i was there,and know what chick you guys are talkng about.everytime someone wanted something,she had to squat down to get it from under the table coulda sworn she wasnt wearing any underwear. ...then i seen her face.the other chick working there was hot though,brunette,wearing skin tight jeans with a t-back... i just stared a bit then moved on :)
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
are you kidding?
You had the Knob Creek T shirt on right?
I did a full lap, and you were still chatting her up.
Remember the Indian choker?
The Big honking boobs?
The butter face?

damn sarge,

Nah CM I had my USMC shooting team shirt on.  I do feel like a knob though for not seeing her.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:55:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll probably be there Sunday morning at some point.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Will be there on saturday. Hey LenS it would be cool to me a fellow AR15 member and a fellow shriner. hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Yup, planning on being at the show by 12Noon on Saturday. Wearing a camo hat with Eagle and US Flag on it.

Hope to meet up with some other ARFcom'rs as well.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#22]
W. Springfield MA Post Mortem

Sorry to say that I didn't meet up with anyone from AR15.com yesterday.

Good trip and made a fun day, but as gun shows go this was a disappointment. Competition of another 300 table show in Manchester, NH didn't help. Lots of good dealers were in NH rather than MA.

- Parking is now $5! Obscene when it was free until Spring 2003 when they started charging $3 (reasonable fee).
- Post card used to be good for $1 off up to 2 admissions, now only 1. And admission went from $7 to $8. So we're (Wife & I) in for $20 to walk in the door.
- I was told by a dealer that I know that the promoter gets ~200 free parking passes to give out. She sells them to the dealers for $10 each! Duh, same as paying for the 2 days so the dealers don't even get a discount. She also jacked up the table fee so that they now pay $75/table with no discount for multiple tables (used to be $60/table).
- Probably 5-600 tables max. Interesting display by the Springfield National Museum. Lots of very expensive Remington & Winchester collectors tables ($3K and up category).
- A lot of regular dealers were in NH not in MA this past weekend. Also missing was a number of good leather suppliers.
- High capacity mags ran from ridiculous pre-ban pricing to OK. Only problem was that some were LEO (still illegal in MA) and put on the table to make the status not obvious to potential buyers.
- Pre-ban AR15s (a few slab side Colts) ran from $975 to $1350. Most post ban AR15s were overpriced ($800 to ~1050).
- Promoter has pissed off a large number of dealers. One NY supplier (an AR15.com advertiser) I met in May 2003 at the Big E show went into a familiar litany when I asked him if he'd be there. He and a number of others have told her where to get off and refuse to do her shows any more.

Sounds like it pays to be "selective" about attending the Big E shows. Usually the June and December shows are the best ones. I'll probably pass on the rest of them. Their Marlboro show is also alleged to be an excellent show.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, i got stood up.  I was supposed to meet up with an lod friend for the day but i went to his house and he was no where around.  So i went to easthampton and visited with my sister for a while.
But from what you say,Len, Its prolly for the better.  I really hate that they started charging for parking.  And now admission is up?

Just  Damn.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Roger,

You probably did better! I calculated that I spent ~$42 at the show, $20 of which was for parking and the two of us to get in the door.

Just spoke with a dealer who belongs to the same gun club as I do and he was selling high end gear and grossed $5K so he was happy. Traffic at the show was way down from what I recall and lots of stuff and dealers just weren't there. The guy that makes ear plugs was not a happy camper and figured that he'd just about break even at the show.

As an LEO, I was looking for some specific supplies that usually are at the Springfield shows, but not this time!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top