Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 6:56:08 AM EDT
Anyone know about NE free states gunshows?  dates?
I will check shotgun news online.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#1]
If you do a google on gunshows maine, or gunshows new england, you will find the company that puts them on. They happen once a month or so in various parts of NE. Too bad they don't have weekly shows like some places do.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I did a google on them but alot of the hits where out of date.
I am looking for shows that have Black rifles. (In hopes of finding prebans that I can have in Mass)
I have a few buds in NH I will have to contact them and find out what shows are good.
(don't want old winchesters and drillings!)
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
WW,

You're looking for Pat DiPrete's shows. Here's the URL:
www.dipromo.com/state_frm.htm

I was at her show in Concord, NH on Labor Day weekend. Lots of old iron, very few AR15s. Prebans were still priced too high and Postbans (remember ban wasn't officially lifted then) were reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:30:25 AM EDT
[#4]
That's the one
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks I will be sure to check them out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks I will be sure to check them out.

WW, I wrote a review of the Concord show (Labor Day) and I'll post the text of that message below. Keep in mind, this was a week before the Fed AWB sunset'd, so the picture in free states could be different now. MA is a whole 'nother story and I'll try to find out what's happening here when I am at the W. Springfield show on Oct 9th.

-----------From Review of Labor Day Weekend Show in Concord, NH-------------------
USGI pre-ban 20rd AR15 mags (well used) were being sold for $9.00 each on one table.

Glock pre-ban hi-caps for $50 on a table.

Some other hi-cap pre-bans pistol mags were being sold for as low as $29 each.

Also seen mixed in with pre-ban hi-cap pistol mags were some LEO Only marked mags for the same prices as the pre-bans. Either sloppy sales or jumping the gun on the AWB sunset?

I saw a drum mag or two with more realistic pricing than I've seen before ($395, IIRC). Don't recall if it was for the AK47 or another model.

Some handgun prices were ridiculously priced where others were priced very
low:

Kel-Tec .380 (non-MA compliant) NIB $245 IIRC.

H&K USP c for $595 (don't recall if used or new).

Colt .45 standard 1911 models for as low as $650-750.

MA prices on pre-ban mags and rifles should be interesting. I do NOT expect them to drop much from the stratospheric prices we see. Main reason is that most distributors will NOT ship even the legal pre-ban stuff into MA, not even to a MA dealer. So MA dealers will have to "sneak" around the suppliers' paranoia to get the goods and/or pay higher prices to secondary "importers".
------------end of review----------------------------

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:35:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be at the Manchester gun show tomorrow - anyone else headed there?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top