Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 4:46:45 PM EDT
can i build a pistol AR in Ma. or does it have to be on the list?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
can i build a pistol AR in Ma. or does it have to be on the list?

Not sure what the MA SAWB regulations say, but under fed SAWB you could.

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thak you but i am more woried about the Ma. pistol compliancy laws, i am planing on building it from a striped lower i just dont know if its aloud
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#3]
If the lower was in MA before 1998 it might not matter. Hmmmm, wouldn't you need one of those skeletoninzed lowers to be under the 50oz anyway?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:00:32 AM EDT
[#4]
To legally buy an AR pistol from a dealer, the pistol has to comply to the now old Federal ban standards and the pistol must have been in MA prior to the AG's pistol ban.  

You can legally buy an AR pistol through a personal transfer and it can have pre or post ban features, but finding one will be tough.  

If you are building, then you must determine if the receiver is preban or postban and build to the proper standards.  The AG regulation only affects dealers and pistols, so buying a virgin receiver should not be an issue.  

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top