Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 12:23:11 PM EDT
Nothing has changed in CT, since CT has pretty much adopted the CA. law regarding assault weapons. I asked about the preban Bushmasters that wernt targeted specifically like the Colts were, and he went on to say that everything is out of the question still. That nothing has changed for us in CT.

This comes as a surprise to me since i deal with Newington Gun Exchange and know them to be very reputable and reliable. Could they be misinformed?? or is there actually NO chance at all in finding a loop hole to buy one of the preban config. M4's ?

Any dealers on these boards that operate in CT that can verify this?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Ha, ha.... get another dealer that knows the laws!

Go to Sportsmen's Outpost in Wolcott, he'll take care of you.

Or contact Joel Cramer in Wallingford.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
There must have been some confusion about the fact that you're refering to a preban.  They themselvs have sold Prebans, and have done a number of Preban transfers for me as well.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
who were you talking to man?

They did an Oly pre ban transfer for my buddy, bought right here on off the  EE- this was before the fed ban was even up...

Newington Gun X Change are good people, either they hired an idiot or there was a miscommunication - .
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Believe me, i KNOW they are a great shop. They are the only shop that i have delt with that i have never had a single problem with, until now.

The man never mentioned his name, but said that they "cant really do anything" which i believe were his exact words at one point regarding to the laws in CT. I think my buddy is gonna get ahold of em, so im gonna see if he gets the same response.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats the usual charge for an FFL store like the Gun Exchange for transferring a pre-ban into CT?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#6]
The places I deal with are $25-$30 dollars for a transfer.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Whats the usual charge for an FFL store like the Gun Exchange for transferring a pre-ban into CT?

NGX charges $25.  I have 2 on their way right now.  They'll recieve long guns from Non-FFLs with a copy of sender's driver's license.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Realfast V6,

You are having prebans coming in through NGX ? who are you dealing with? in other words, think i can just ask for the guy your dealing with since he must know about the laws in CT regarding the AWB?

Maybe while your in there you  can mention that someone on their team may need a little AWB refresher course ;)

Any good places to look for a NIB preban Bushmaster M4 to have transfered in to them? or would NGX find one for me?

Sorry to be a pest
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#9]
newington gun xchange is cool, they must have miss informed you man.  i bought my bush through them, and whenever i have had anything at all, they bend over backwards for me....

btw, where you all from
im from berlin/storrs
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You are having prebans coming in through NGX ? who are you dealing with? in other words, think i can just ask for the guy your dealing with since he must know about the laws in CT regarding the AWB?

I don't deal specifically with anybody.  I just told them I needed an OlyArms rifle transfered, gave them the address to send the Ink FFL to, gave them my name and phone number, and they said they'd send it out.  When it comes in, they'll check it into their logs and I'll go pick it up.

Maybe while your in there you can mention that someone on their team may need a little AWB refresher course ;)

If I go back this week I'll do some fishing, but I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding.  

Any good places to look for a NIB preban Bushmaster M4 to have transfered in to them? or would NGX find one for me?

Best bet is to try and find one here in the EE.  You're probably not going to find a NIB one because I don't think they had the M4gery before 1994.   If you purchase a good preban bushmaster lower w/stock, you can buy a brand new bushmaster upper and have basically a new rifle.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Yo man - talk to the young guy there -or the bald guy there. Or the tall grizzley adams looking guy.

Best bet is to try and find one here in the EE. You're probably not going to find a NIB one because I don't think they had the M4gery before 1994.

This is the place

Manchesta Reprezent -
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I built my own NIB Bushmaster M4gery on an unfired lower... be patient they will turn up.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, im gonna start looking for a lower and just pick up an upper soon after i think, unless i run into a deal with a complete rifle that almost new.

Im gonna go in there and talk to them personally i think.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Rag,

thanks for the link, but so far it wont work. Ill track it down in a bit.

I just wanted to inform you guys that my friend went in to Newington Gun Exchange and spoke to a guy in person who told him exactly what i originally posted, and he told me before i even let him know what they told me.

I really have no idea what to do. I want one, but if newington gun exchange wont sell me one, who else is reputable?

Ill follow up on that link, see if i cant find him in new britain. I wish NGX would wise up cause i wanna spend some money with em.

Anyone else feel like calling them and setting them straight? or finding out why they are so reluctant to sell what should now be prefectly legal?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#16]
tagged
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#17]

I just wanted to inform you guys that my friend went in to Newington Gun Exchange and spoke to a guy in person who told him exactly what i originally posted, and he told me before i even let him know what they told me.

I really have no idea what to do. I want one, but if newington gun exchange wont sell me one, who else is reputable?

Dude- head south about 5 minutes on berlin tpk - and go to Hoffmans Guns, right past hooters. They have a bigger selection of AR stuff, actually a  bigger selection of everything.

Anyone else feel like calling them and setting them straight? or finding out why they are so reluctant to sell what should now be prefectly legal?

Next time I am at Newingnton Gun I am going to bring this up and get to the bottom of this.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I've found a Preban DPMS M4 type in good condition. Has a cast aluminum lower receiver and an M4 upper from CMMG. This will be my first AR if I go with it. Any issues with that you folks know about with this type of rifle? What would be a fair price range in your opinion?
Info is much appreciated,
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Ill be very eager to to hear what NGX's reason is for being difficult. I do all my shopping there only cause i have had bad experiences at a few other places. In the mean time, i think im gonna wander into Hoffmanns and see how they feel about the AWB sunset.

Ill be making a purchase in the next few weeks (i hope) on a Bushmaster Lower.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#20]
forget hoffmans, and tell the guys at NGE to read this, which is still in effect....

Sec. 53-202m. Circumstances when assault weapons exempt from limitations on transfers and registration requirements. Notwithstanding any provision of the general statutes, sections 53-202a to 53-202l, inclusive, shall not be construed to limit the transfer or require the registration of an assault weapon as defined in subdivision (3) or (4) of subsection (a) of section 53-202a, provided such firearm was legally manufactured prior to September 13, 1994.
(P.A. 01-130, S. 3.)
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Forget NGE and go to another dealer... obviously they don't want to be bothered or don't know the laws!
There are plenty of other dealers who will help you with what you want:
Sportsmen's Outpost, Rt 69 Wolcott
Joseph's Guns, Main St, New Britain
Joel Cramer, [email protected], Wallingford

Don't wait for the State to change their mind on the laws!

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Yea, im gonna take my buisness elsewhere i guess. It sucks cause NGX was #1 in my book until now. I wish they didnt flake out like that, but oh well.

Rag, did you speak with anyone over there? or do you feel like i do, its just a lost cause not worth pushing with them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Again... I'm *SURE* that it's a miscommunication.  Let me tell you straight up, they transfered at least a dozen Preban ARs that I know of in the past year just for people I know alone, plus a Preban PWA for me a year ago, and I have 2 Preban lowers headed there right now for transfer.  

Also, they're not going to hunt down a Preban Bushmaster for you, because they don't have any ability to do so.  Find one online, make the deal, go down and give them the address to send the FFL to, and then have the lower sent to them and they'll transfer it to you.  It's THAT simple.  

Further, if you went in and said something like "Preban AR15" then they'll say "AR15s are banned and you can't have one" because it's the truth.  There's no such thing as a Preban AR15 in CT because Colt makes AR15s and it would have had to have been registered in 1993.  However, if you go down and say you'd like to transfer a Bushmaster Preban XM15, then that's a whole different story.  

Please understand that these dealers have every asshat from Bridgeport to New Britian coming in and asking if they can buy a fullauto UZI and AK47 because it said so on TV.   If you go in and ask questions like you're on a fishing trip, then you'll get fishing expedition answers.  

Justin (has bought/transfered at LEAST a dozen firearms at NGX and never had a problem) RealFastV6
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I never spoke with anyone at Newington... I don't think you'd have a much easier time at Hoffman's either. I think the owner, Gary [or one of the owners] at Newington belongs to my gunclub [Metacon] in Simsbury, and I'm really surprised at the answer you got since most Class III dealers are up on the laws... but if they don't want to do the transfer any of the 3 I listed above will do it and I've had good luck with all of them.

Let me know if you need more info.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks, ill look into them soon :)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#26]
So, has anyone gone in yet to clear up this misunderstanding??
I have a preban lower being sent there soon.

Man I'd hate for a gun store of all places to be reason I didn't get my legal pre-ban lower
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#27]
It's all right here on CT assault weapons.

Sec. 53-202a. Assault weapons: Definition. (a) As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive, "assault weapon" means:
(1) Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or any of the following specified semiautomatic firearms: Algimec Agmi; Armalite AR-180; Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol; Auto-Ordnance Thompson type; Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type; Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1; Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol; Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P; Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88; Colt AR-15 and Sporter; Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2; Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45; Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FN/FNC; FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini- AT; Federal XC-900 and XC-450; Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12; Galil AR and ARM; Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High-Tech Long Pistol; Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK- 93, HK-94 and SP-89; Holmes MP-83; MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type; Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion; Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000; Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only; Scarab Skorpion; SIG 57 AMT and 500 series; Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol; Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G-3; Sterling MK-6 and MK-7; Steyr AUG; Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns; USAS-12; UZI Carbine, Mini-Carbine and Pistol; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol;
(2) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection, may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;
(3) Any semiautomatic firearm not listed in subdivision (1) of this subsection that meets the following criteria:
(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
(i) A folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) A bayonet mount;
(iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
(v) A grenade launcher; or

A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
(i) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
(ii) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;
(iii) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
(iv) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; or
(C) A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following:
(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; and
(iv) An ability to accept a detachable magazine; or
(4) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (3) of this subsection, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (3) of this subsection, may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.
(b) As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive, the term "assault weapon" does not include any firearm modified to render it permanently inoperable

Also what if any is the difference between a prenban lower and a postban lower? I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NGX charges $25.  I have 2 on their way right now.  They'll recieve long guns from Non-FFLs with a copy of sender's driver's license.

are you transferring them as complete rifles or as lowers only?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:Also what if any is the difference between a preban lower and a postban lower? I hope this helps.

Well, the main concern I have is that the lower is being shipped with a (i) A folding or telescoping stock;

So, they will probably be assuming the lower is going to be made into a Pre-ban.

But anyways, I think we all agree here that there should be no issue...but it seems as if there is.

So again with my question:

So, has anyone gone in yet to clear up this misunderstanding??

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
It's all right here on CT assault weapons.

Sec. 53-202a. Assault weapons: Definition. (a) As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive, "assault weapon" means:
(1) Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or any of the following specified semiautomatic firearms: Algimec Agmi; Armalite AR-180; Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol; Auto-Ordnance Thompson type; Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type; Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1; Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol; Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P; Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88; Colt AR-15 and Sporter; Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2; Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45; Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FN/FNC; FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini- AT; Federal XC-900 and XC-450; Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12; Galil AR and ARM; Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High-Tech Long Pistol; Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK- 93, HK-94 and SP-89; Holmes MP-83; MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type; Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion; Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000; Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only; Scarab Skorpion; SIG 57 AMT and 500 series; Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol; Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G-3; Sterling MK-6 and MK-7; Steyr AUG; Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns; USAS-12; UZI Carbine, Mini-Carbine and Pistol; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol;
(2) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection, may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;
(3) Any semiautomatic firearm not listed in subdivision (1) of this subsection that meets the following criteria:
(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
(iii) A bayonet mount;
(iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
(v) A grenade launcher; or

A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
(i) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
(ii) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;
(iii) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
(iv) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; or
(C) A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following:
(iii) A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; and
(iv) An ability to accept a detachable magazine; or
(4) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (3) of this subsection, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (3) of this subsection, may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.
(b) As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive, the term "assault weapon" does not include any firearm modified to render it permanently inoperable

Also what if any is the difference between a prenban lower and a postban lower? I hope this helps.

Go read the FAQ.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

are you transferring them as complete rifles or as lowers only?

Lowers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Go read the FAQ.

Actually I did read the FAQ. I was just wondering if NGX has read it yet.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Go read the FAQ.

Actually I did read the FAQ. I was just wondering if NGX has read it yet.

That reply wasn't to you.

I'll be in NGX on Friday to pick up at least 1 of my lowers if nobody straightens this out before then.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Good luck!
But why are we all so in love with NGX???
Go to another FFL, they wouldn't do the transfer if it meant jail time for them!

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Go read the FAQ.

Oops, I was thinking of stripped lowers and not assembled ones.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Good luck!
But why are we all so in love with NGX???
Go to another FFL, they wouldn't do the transfer if it meant jail time for them!

I'm not in love with anybody, but when I come here and see people posting that an FFL says they can't have prebans, even though that VERY FFL transfered a complete PreBan for me... I feel it should get an appropriate response.  Hell, my friend bought a Preban they had listed on GunsAmerica just last year.  

NGX is very black rifle friendly and has treated a lot of people very well, me included, and I don't like to see them dragged through the mud on here because of a misunderstanding.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:50:26 AM EDT
[#37]

I'm not in love with anybody, but when I come here and see people posting that an FFL says they can't have prebans, even though that VERY FFL transfered a complete PreBan for me... I feel it should get an appropriate response. Hell, my friend bought a Preban they had listed on GunsAmerica just last year.

NGX is very black rifle friendly and has treated a lot of people very well, me included, and I don't like to see them dragged through the mud on here because of a misunderstanding.

I am going to back up Realfast on this one. The fact that my boy (newar15guy) had his preban oly arms transferred to NGX months before the fed ban was even up is more than enough for me to say "something aint right here"

Not only did they do the transfer, but they wanted to buy the upper from him. As far as a local gunstore, NGX are good people, I don't like mis-information floating around.

I havent had a chance to get over to Newington to discuss the situation. But I think it's been answered here by at least 2 people who have transferred or witnessed the transfer of preban rifles to NGX.

I don't wear a tinfoil hat, but maybe NGX  thinks -
"IT'S A TRAP"

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:03:44 AM EDT
[#38]
I also believe that out of the places i have delt with in my life, NGX is the best. And believe me, this whole thing (for me anyway) has NOTHING to do with dragging them through the mud. They are the only place i have never had any problems with, and would love to continue to do buisiness with. Im sure its got to be a misunderstanding, im just having a hard time figuring out WHY they are being like this since i KNOW they are black rifle friendly, and are up on their stuff.

I originally posted this, so i could hear from anyone else who might deal with them, and see what NGX has been telling others so i could figure out if its the whole store that feels this way, or just one uninformed new sales person. thats all. just trying to gather some info.

NGX is a very reputable place which is full of very VERY helpful people and have never seen any of them display a poor attutude like some other places. Or outright lie simply because they dont have or wont get a certain firearm (this happened with my P226-9-NAVY and a certain store in CT)

Id like to stay with them and see this get corrected. thats all. Dont wanna abandon a place that has been nothing but good to me all this time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I also didn't intend to "drag them through the mud"... only to point out other options for Redrumnine to get what he wants before the laws do in fact change for the worse!

Call or go back and ask to speak with Gary Lenk or Jeff, they would probably want to know if one of their employees is turning away business.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Hey - it's all good - You guys arent coming in sayin f newington gun, newington sucks.  Frankly, I buy guns from NGX & Hoffmans. I like both stores, have no gripes, and I will continue to shop at both.

before the laws do in fact change for the worse!

Are you talking state wide or nationwide?
We have an election coming up in CT in NOV, i posted in hometown- who we should be voting out in -as in who stands behind the 2nd amendmant. If there was any anti -gun legislation coming up.

Not one reply to that post... -   www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=26&t=185140

The fed AWB is gone and we are all still FUCKED anyway you look at it.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I was mostly referring to state laws, but who knows what will happen if Kerry gets in.

For info on who to vote for you can check the NRA website or more specifically CT's own
www.ctsportsmen.com, every CT gun owner should join... I believe it's only $20 a year.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Yes we will.  The seller has to include some form of ID such as a photocopy
of his driver's license so we can document the source of the firearm.

Other than that, no problem.

Gary @ NGX

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 3:50 PM
Subject: Transfer

> Hi-I was thinking about having a Preban Bushmaster XM15 transfered and
> wanted to know if you guys will accept transfers for PreSept94 rifles, and
> if you accept them from Non-FFLs. Thank You

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I guess ill be dealing with Gary then :) I have delt with him before and i believe he used to be a police officer to boot, hes also a member of Metacomet (think thats how its spelled) in simsbury. He used to be a few years ago if i remember correctly.

Ill be stopping by when hes working :)

thanks for the input :)
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Newington transferred my pre-ban lower, no hassles... even commented on the deal I got (well, a deal before the ban ended, that is)

- BG
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#45]
+1 BUCC.

I called NGX a few days ago to see if they would transfer a pre-9/94 AR for me in a private sale.  All they asked is if I verfied it's pre-ban status.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:24:32 AM EDT
[#46]
goin there today to pick up my preban oly
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
+1 BUCC.

I called NGX a few days ago to see if they would transfer a pre-9/94 AR for me in a private sale.  All they asked is if I verfied it's pre-ban status.

The serial # should be enough, the grandfather clause says the firearm had to have been manufactured before the cutoff... firearm = lower.... sooooo

I would NOT attempt to get a stripped lower, but any complete lower should be golden.

- BG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top