Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 3:52:44 PM EDT
I know Colt is out, but can i buy a bushmaster AR with all the goodies? or how about Rock River? or is my only option to buy a pre ban Bushy ?

If all I can get is a Preban Bushmaster, does anyone know where I can find one here in CT ? and what they would sell for? Looking for a NIB.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#1]
You can buy ARs made by Bushmaster, Olyarms, etc. as long as they meet the CT law.
There are many firearm stores, check the yellow page.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
They had to be assembled into complete rifles prior to '94 to have the good stuff on them... rock river is out, as well as the other new ones like stag arms, mega, etc.

Buy one out of state and have it transfered in through an FFL. You may have trouble finding one in state.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like transfer a rifle into CT and be able to possess it legally. It has an original Bushmaster complete lower receiver that was originally built into a rifle by the manufacturer. It has since then been outfitted with a RRA 16in upper w/ A2 flash and RRA 6 position butt stock. Rifle comes with verified paperwork from Bushmaster stating the lower receivers pre-ban status. Is still legal since it has been modified with more current post-ban parts?
Thanks for your opinions
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I keep reading that people are claiming that the firearm has to be assembled by the manufacture!
NOT! Each & every one of mine were assembled by myself prior to 1993 & they are preban!
The exception is my  Select fire Rock River M4 (RDIAS)  I register it every July 1st with CT DPS
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:50:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I keep reading that people are claiming that the firearm has to be assembled by the manufacture!
NOT! Each & every one of mine were assembled by myself prior to 1993 & they are preban!
The exception is my  Select fire Rock River M4 (RDIAS)  I register it every July 1st with CT DPS

That's true, it does not matter, however, in order to prove that what you are buying is infact a pre-ban, if it is proven to be assembled by the manufacturer prior to September 13, 1994, then it has preban certification.  Many Lowers were manufacturered berfore the ban, but not assembled into rifles until after it, unlike yours, negating it's status as a pre-ban rifle.  The way the laws are written, if you were questioned by an LEO about the status of your rifle, and could produce documentation from the manufacturer, then no worries.  It's just us law abiding gun owners covering our butts so we can keep our firearms....but you are right, but to be safe.......
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:46:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I think you guys are reading too much into the "assembled before Sept 94" part.   The text of the law is significantly different from the Federal Law.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#7]
RealFastV6

I think you guys are reading too much into the "assembled before Sept 94" part. The text of the law is significantly different from the Federal Law.  

Could you point me in the right direction as to what part you are refering to?

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top