Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 2:10:05 PM EDT
Hi,

Will moving to the Castleton - Hubbardton VT area... Looking for 50-200 acres of land. If you have some or know of some, feel free to share.

Added..
Looking in the Orwell area...

THanks
Dan Tucker
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Still looking....
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking to find land before the snow comes....

The local realestate people don't have many options...

There must be someone from this board that has some connections!

Thanks
Dan
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, anybody have land for sale near Rutland VT?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:54:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Two things I can tell you:

*You'll prolly pay thru the nose

*You'll be paying thru the nose in taxes too  

Real Estate here in VT is pretty much a seller's market, Dan. They can ask whatever they want and someone will pay it. I'll see what I can find today for you thought...not really "connected" but I can look a couple places up for you.

Rob
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks....

Land taxes in VT I am finding are about 25% less than NY....

Personal income taxes are 20% less...

You have no sales tax on clothing...

Gas is cheaper...

So, I would have to agree that land is hard to come by, but I am determined to find some...

And let us not forget the obvious. No permits required to carry.... Other forbidden fruit in NY are SBR's, Sound suppressors and Class III.....

Thanks in advance for any help....

Dan Tucker
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Consider buying land in New Hampshire, No income tax, No Dem Senator Patrick Leahy, No Socalist Congressman Bernard Sanders, No turncoat traitor Senator Jim Jeffords. No Howard Dean.....

Except for the gun issue, Vermont, politicaly speaking, looks a lot like all the other Commi Lib states, I wonder how long your gun rights are going to be safe in a state that elects the sort of people VT has been sending to Washington.

New Hampshire: Live Free or Die!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks....

Land taxes in VT I am finding are about 25% less than NY....

Personal income taxes are 20% less...

You have no sales tax on clothing...

Gas is cheaper...

So, I would have to agree that land is hard to come by, but I am determined to find some...

And let us not forget the obvious. No permits required to carry.... Other forbidden fruit in NY are SBR's, Sound suppressors and Class III.....

Thanks in advance for any help....

Dan Tucker

Vermont is nice but suppressors are a no no.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#8]

by cduarte
Vermont is nice but suppressors are a no no.

Vermont has gun laws? Are you serious, no cans allowed?

Dan Tucker
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Consider buying land in New Hampshire, No income tax, No Dem Senator Patrick Leahy, No Socalist Congressman Bernard Sanders, No turncoat traitor Senator Jim Jeffords. No Howard Dean.....

Except for the gun issue, Vermont, politicaly speaking, looks a lot like all the other Commi Lib states, I wonder how long your gun rights are going to be safe in a state that elects the sort of people VT has been sending to Washington.

New Hampshire: Live Free or Die!

Damn, and I heard NH was going Kerry this term! Weird world!hr

NH could go for Kerry, too many liberal transplants here, so yes NH is not the place it used to be, but lets face it, Vemont has sent the likes of Patrick Leahey back to the senate how many times, and when was the last time any repulican won VT in a presidential race?

I admit I dont get VT, seems like there are two Vermonts.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:16:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Added Orwell to the list of towns I'm interested in...

THanks
Dan Tucker
Soon to be leaving NY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top