Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2004 9:14:01 AM EDT
I am thinking of relocating to Ct. from NY. Does any one know the CCW laws and how difficult they are to get?
thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#1]
CT is considered to be a shall issue state. The process is spelled out for you here... www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/connecticut BTW, it's actually less complicated to get a non-resident permit, which can then be converted to a resident permit. So if you have a few months, get the non-res permit and then change it when you move.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
It's pretty straight forward and it can be slow, depending on the town you live in. I've had mine 20 years but the feedback I've gotten is that most local LEO take their time approving the local permit. The state CCW is a gimme once you get the local.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
CT is considered to be a shall issue state. The process is spelled out for you here... www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/connecticut BTW, it's actually less complicated to get a non-resident permit, which can then be converted to a resident permit. So if you have a few months, get the non-res permit and then change it when you move.

Yes, this is true because it goes directly to the state instead of going to your local LEO.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Ct is a "show me" state.  In simple words, they HAVE to give you your local permin within 3 months or SHOW YOU why not.  If they havent then you can go before the Firearms Review Board.  It is simple and easy.  I shouldn't have moved back to NY.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:29:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I feel your pain Sgt. I want to thank everyone for their help.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:56:17 AM EDT
[#6]
CT issues non resident permits?  What's the $$?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:15:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually, they have to respond by 60 days.  I know mine was almost exactly 60 days & pretty much everybody else I asked was about  the same time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top