Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2004 11:52:30 AM EDT
I am in Southeastern CT and looking for a place that offers some sort of tactical shooting for my AR15. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Blue Trail Range Rifle Club in Wallingford.....Wooster Mt. State Park in Danbury
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Try Blue Trail Range Rifle Club in Wallingford.....Wooster Mt. State Park in Danbury

Yup, Woosters a good spot
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
High Rock Range in Naugatuck allows controlled rapid fire, steel plates and Tannerite - my fav kind of targets. hey then they asked us to case and put away our class 3 firearms even though we were only shooting them semi, power tripping idiot RO, f'ing Elmer Fudds...
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
High Rock Range in Naugatuck allows controlled rapid fire, steel plates and Tannerite - my fav kind of targets.

Wooster kinda sucks, they made us put all of our steel plates all the way out, even the ones for pistol caliber and .22LR then they asked us to case and put away our class 3 firearms even though we were only shooting them semi, power tripping idiot RO, f'ing Elmer Fudds...

Well you may dislike wooster, its the only range in the area that doesn't demand paperwork for every firearm.  One pistol range here wants registration paperwork for every single gun you bring.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#5]
You may not like Wooster.....but it's not a bad place and a little more user friendly on Sundays....(different Staff)..their big sign as you enter the range states plainly....no automatic or select fire weapons.....remember it is a State park....Also they are getting a lot of flack from "neighbors" about the noise problem.....All the way out as you say is only 150 feet or so....I have no problems with my 9mm or 22lr conversions....
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
their big sign as you enter the range states plainly....no automatic or select fire weapons.....remember it is a State park....

Last I checked all our guns were CT legal (state park or not) and we were shooting them in semi, the RO was clearly on a power trip once he saw short barrels and a few suppressors.

Quoted:
Also they are getting a lot of flack from "neighbors" about the noise problem.....

The biggest and loudest rifle was a .308 and that one was suppressed.

Quoted:
All the way out as you say is only 150 feet or so....I have no problems with my 9mm or 22lr conversions....

We came with a lot of pistols that day and it's tough to hit a 8 inch plate @150 feet when your barrel is between 3 and 4 inches, they just didn't want to hear it...

I bet if we were shooting 30 inch barrel .45-70 lever action rifles wearing "Guns'n'Ammo" caps, camo pants and NASCAR t-shirts things would have been different.

That's OK, plenty of other ranges will take our money without looking down upon us because we think shooting paper is boring and some of our guns are capable of auto fire, another lesson learned.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:48:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I have to admit, I like Wooseter Mt.  It's only 15 minutes away and it's an easy  and nice place to go when you just want to burn some rnds down range.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:15:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Southeastern? Shoot me an IM.

Quaker Hill Road and Gun in Montville
Mystic Rod and Gun in Groton
Niantic Sportsmans Club in Niantic
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#9]
HoolyGun,
Does Naugatuck allow full-auto or just controlled rapid fire from semis?

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:57:45 AM EDT
[#10]
@rag:
Naugatuck only allows controlled rapid fire from semis, too bad because it's a perfect setting for all kinds of fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top